Jillian's?

greenfreak

Anyone ever heard of Jillian's? Not sure if they're country-wide or world-wide and I can't get to their website for some reason...

I first went to one in Boston while I was on vacation. It's like a gaming complex for kids and adults. But the difference is, they kick the under-18's out at a certain hour so that you can drink and enjoy yourself without kids underfoot.

They built a couple of them here on Long Island and Rusty's company had a party there last night. The place is humongous, and they rented out the Hibachi grill for dinner and the "Groove Shack" club room for afterwards.

We spent most of our time playing games. They have every sort of arcade game you could imagine... I spent most of my time on the Daytona driving game and House of the Dead shooting game-Rusty sticks with the Star Wars games and pinball. They have a ton of virtual reality games, even fishing and horseracing games... It's a pretty cool place. You buy a card with points on it and swipe it for each game so you don't have to carry around tokens or tickets. Oh, they also have skee ball, bowling lanes, virtual bowling, basketball hoops, 20 pool tables, 6 bars, wide screen tv's everywhere.

Jillian's is becoming a huge company, do you guys have any places like this that cater to kids during the day and adults at night? We always have a lot of fun every time we go there.

Never even heard of it before, but it sounds way cool.

What was the party for?

Rusty's employer has a little less than 100 employees, and this was just a "thank you, let's party" event. How cool is that? No reason, they just do this every once in a while. It's a very young company too, their founder and CEO is 35.

They're also having a breakfast event at a local hotel which will be like a quarterly meeting. Rusty has a presentation on their intranet and public web site. Then there's the Christmas party that they're already planning at a country club with all significant others invited. This company likes to party. :)

My employer is the largest oil company in the United States and we don't do anything like that. :grumpy:

There's a Jillian's a couple blocks from where I work. At my last job (also a couple blocks from here) the company would treat us to a few drinks and some food there about every couple months.

I could take anyone in ping pong :D

There's also one in downtown Akron, OH where I lived a few years ago.

Wow, there's one of those about 20 minutes down the road from where I work. Have you ever been there Ku'u?

You see, this is one of the things I love about living here. If it exists, there's a good chance you can get it in NY.

You know what I really want to do though, to go to a motorized go-cart track and race. There's some new place out here somewhere that does it, but we haven't been there yet. Maybe when it gets nicer.

I've never been to the D&B's in Hawai'i (it's on another island), but I have been to one in CA. That was fun!! It was in a mall that had a skatepark. I thought that was cool!

When I was a kid, there used to be a water park that we always used to go to. It had a mini grand-prix track that I used to love 'cause I got to "drive" and bumper boats. Those were the days!!

We still do that. :)

There's a place right on the road Rusty works on called Adventureland. I've been going there since I was a kid, everyone always had their birthday parties there. We took my Godson DJ there for his birthday one year but he was a little too short to go on the bumper boats and the roller coaster. So a few weekends later, Rusty and I went back to go play. :D

That's when I realized that the only ride that will make me physically ill is the Pirate Ship. I can handle any other ride, even the Looping Star:

loopingstar.gif

That's an actual picture of the ride at the park I'm talking about. 69 feet at the top. If you get in the very last row and put your head back as you're going down, you feel like you're going to fall out. :D

ooh, I love the Pirate Ship!! Especially sitting at the very end, where you can catch some air time :headbang:

Greenfreak, you should make your way up to Boston and try the F1 racing track. Essentially it is like a high speed indoor and outdoor go-cart track. It is a blast. It is a bit pricey, but if you can get a group of people together, it is definitely worth it. And after that hit Jillians and a Sox game.

http://www.f1boston.com/

Rusty (my bf) went to BU for four years and I just love Boston, so we really don't need a reason to go up there. :) But that's a good one, thanks! We usually make it up there during the summer every year. One day we'll move there for good.

Back