Just a thought....

Mare

So, im not sure if its a mid life thing or not. I remember saying I never wanted to get married again. And in a way Im not really sure but feel alittle change of heart.But then again, Im not even sure with whom. For the peeps whom have gotten divorced before, (and i mean really think now) did you, would you, thought about marriage again?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
So, im not sure if its a mid life thing or not. I remember saying I never wanted to get married again. And in a way Im not really sure but feel alittle change of heart.But then again, Im not even sure with whom. For the peeps whom have gotten divorced before, (and i mean really think now) did you, would you, thought about marriage again?

no no no, then yes.

First you see how much it sucked, being in a marriage that wasn't working for whatever reasons, and you think I am never going through that again, then you find someone with whom everything works, and you stop looking backwards, and start looking forwards.

tonksy

I used to think I wanted to...for the 3rd time...but now I'm thinking pffft.

I think it's been ingrained in me that that is what you do...and part of me loves the romantic notion of a wedding as an affirmation of love. However, I think I'd rather just have an adoring look and a complement and call it a day.....and jewelry never hurt.

Mare

I used to think I wanted to...for the 3rd time...but now I'm thinking pffft.

I think it's been ingrained in me that that is what you do...and part of me loves the romantic notion of a wedding as an affirmation of love. However, I think I'd rather just have an adoring look and a complement and call it a day.....and jewelry never hurt.

Right right, the jewerly never hurts, and yes it is romantic, and i think with me hitting 40 this year, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhew! whodathunkit! Its alittle bothering me. Kinda like i was all for a hysterectomy and not getting "that" anymore,and then finding out about the tumor, but now a part inside me sits and thinks, WOW, I really can't house a baby anymore...NOT THAT I EVER WOULD AGAIN! But its the notion of it all, it sunk in, ya know.
Well, lets see, to explain alittle more.....I really love scott,we've had a few ruff spots this year and with the economy and all right now, times are hard! Some things here and there were said and done, I've began that, "is he the right guy for me" question! I know, i know! But, i think he is. When i was married before, I always felt i had the upper hand in the relationship, which is not what i really wanted. In this relationship i feel he does but at the same time, i've learnt to stand my ground and feel comfortable with whom i am and become and if he doesnt like it oh well. So then in my mind there's that question again? understand?!?

sorry to vent on yall, just alot going on in my little head these days.

Mare

no no no, then yes.

First you see how much it sucked, being in a marriage that wasn't working for whatever reasons, and you think I am never going through that again, then you find someone with whom everything works, and you stop looking backwards, and start looking forwards.

right right again, well thats how i feel. I don't think he feels, i know he doesnt want to ever marry again,so then what?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
right right again, well thats how i feel. I don't think he feels, i know he doesnt want to ever marry again,so then what?

mention it in passing, mention, don't ask.

don't pressure, don't nag.

he might think the way you do, and not want to say it to you because you said you would never do it again.

Or he might not want to, in which case (sorry to be mean) you will have to suck it up.

Mare

mention it in passing, mention, don't ask.

don't pressure, don't nag.

he might think the way you do, and not want to say it to you because you said you would never do it again.

Or he might not want to, in which case (sorry to be mean) you will have to suck it up.

I know I thought about "mentioning" it, I'm nervous I guess. And if his answer was no he definetly wouldn't do it again, then i guess i would suck it up. Tell him I want a nice promise right for sucking it up. After all, like the old saying, why buy the cow when your getting your milk for free, well, nothing is free. LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Right???????

I mean after all, I pursued him and we've been together since, almost 3 1/2 years now. I think a promise ring would be nice, don't yall! :)

Inkara1

I've made my feelings on promise rings known. Also been chastised for having those feelings, but in any case, I've made them known.

Mare

That's an engagement ring, moron. :p A promise ring is different. Expensive without the repercussions of marriage.

Thanks BoP.

That's what I always thought, A Promise Ring is just a ring saying that you will be with that person and only with that person, but without all that legal mumbo jumbo.
An emgagement is a ring promising to marry that person.

tonksy

Oh! And about those rings...a promise ring sounds like there is something to come. A committment ring sounds more appropriate.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
That's an engagement ring, moron. :p A promise ring is different. Expensive without the repercussions of marriage.

I thought it was a promise to get an engagement ring.

like being engaged to be engaged

no wonder I always thought it was so stupid, and people kept doing it, and I had to suppress the urge to shoot them, to clean up the gene pool a bit, you know, saving the communal oxygen for those more deserving instead of slack jawed morons who can't figure out what the fuck...

oh a coffee...

thanks.