Just another gun control thread...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
with a twist.

Handguns are illegal in DC, so why are so many people being shot?

According to the DC Metropolitan Police Department, there have been some 180 murders this year, up on last year's total of 169, a 20-year low.

The vast majority of the homicides were committed with a gun.

Police commander Michael Anzallo says the capital has seen an influx of handguns from neighbouring states where there are fewer controls.

Washington DC has banned handguns for 31 years
"The police department recovers more than 1,000 guns a year," he says.

"The problem is easy access to firearms. Most of the motives for homicides are arguments or robbery related and the quick pull of the trigger means somebody's life."

In Washington's notorious SE district, gun crime has blighted the community.

At a youth centre run by the outreach group Peaceoholics, every teenager knows somebody who has been shot. Most have been threatened with guns or have been made victims themselves.

i'm happy that some folks are trying to get the dc gun ban overturned now... and from the sound of it, they might actually have a chance.

And just more proof that banning guns does squat to reduce crime.

But will the idiots get it this time? Of course not.

well if it weren't for the gun manufacturers making all those guns, this kind of thing would never happen. we just need to shut them down.

:D

well if it weren't for the gun manufacturers making all those guns, this kind of thing would never happen. we just need to shut them down.

:D

Never took a metal working class, did ya? I could make a working revolver on a $400 3-in-1 mini mill in about 4 days. The second and subsequent copies in substantially less time. The only part I couldn't make myself would be the springs, although I suppose I could manage to cobble them together if no better alternatives could be found.

I don't want gun control, I want price control.
Bullet prices are crazy.
More than a dollor a bullet is crazy
I got 2 boxes of .45 auto, and it was 60 bucks. (1 box target, and one hollow point)

Cat, from where I sit, taxing the hell outta bullets is the best form of gun control. Here, have all the guns you want. But at $100 a bullet, you're gonna be damn sure you're serious about firing one off. Nothing stopping the reloader from making practice wax bullets, tho.

Back