Just got a parking ticket for $50...

Jeslek

Banned
For some parking violation on 06/28/2002, in the city of Hamilton, ON...

Funny thing is that since that was a weekday, I was parked in a parking lot in the city of Waterloo, ON... Haven't been to Hamilton in my car EVER.

What to do? :confuse2:

expose yourself in front of the courthouse and invite the newspapers

if that doesn't work then use it for tp and send it back to them

the last time i paid one, i wiped my ass on the money before i gave it to them

That was mine and brainsoft's 2 year anniversary! I am going ot school in Hamilton next year!

About the ticket, call theparking authority people and tell them that you weren't there and they'll tell you what to do.

I called them, lol, and as soon as I gave the ticket number he started sounding apologetic.... Apparently my car is a green Toyota (correct) but the ticket was issued to a red Pontiac.... The cop wrote the license plate down incorrectly. lmao. I'm cleared. :headbang:

you might think so, but i can remember a guy named Skyslash that got his ass hauled off to jail over a $20 fee that someone overlooked in Texas. just because someone says you are off the hook don't mean it's so. i'd make 'em put it in writing.

if i drank, i'd help ya celebrate. unfortunately, i haven't had a drink in about 5 years.

I got a parking ticket for parking in the wrong direction on a street that's about two blocks long and practically deserted. This was during summer term about a block from the University. I don't think I ever paid it. Damn fascists.

Our parking tickets here are only $10, but there's 88 houses on our block and less than 80 legal parallel parking spaces (especially when cars double park :mad: ) so avoiding tickets is damn near impossible here. The other street next to us has only 44 houses, just under 40 parallel parking spaces (they're permit parking only, which our block DOESN'T have), but about 60-70 diagonal spots as well, and many of us have to park over there if our street is full. Last month they marked several of those diagonal spots for no parking because they were tunneling nearby, but even after it was finished the signs remained for another 2 weeks, and the cops ticketed cars during that time, even though the construction was over and the equipment was all gone! :cuss:

LL, get that clearance in writing and keep in until 2 years after you die. They can come back in ten years demanding the 50 plus interest and potentially even jail your ass.

I once was mistaken for someone in Texas who'd fathered an illegitimate child and then bolted (SSN was one digit off, and the last name was one letter off). I've still got a file on that, and it was 10 years back.

Back