Just not right

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I'm watching a local chat show. I usually quite enjoy it. Home furnishings, fashion, cooking etc. Sometimes they go a bit overboard with the trendy thing though.

Today, they're showing beds and bedsheets.

SUEDE bedsheets. WTF? How does that ever come clean?! Ewwww!

EEEEEwwweee!

real suede or faux? :eek6:

Cos there's a fashion at the mo for the fake one's over here... they're washable...

But yeh... I get ya with the real suede... surely after a while you'd have to chisel your way into bed... because seriously... who could be bothered to dry clean bedding?

They said real suede. Freakin' gross if you ask me :sick: between the not washing em and the smell overpowering when you lay on them.

I'm sure it feels wonderful...but ewwwwww.

We've got the Hanes flannel bedsheets and I love em. Suede, I don't know. I'm thinking maybe if I lived up there in Iceville, but not down here.

I looooooove flannel sheets :D

The Mennonites around here make jammies out of them for kids, so my boys each have a pair. They look so sweet and cuddly. :love:

I just want to state for the record, since I'm likely the only one to have experienced it. Bare ass naked with a girl between bearskins, beside a roaring fire is abso-fucking-lutely the best

I almost bought one of those white sheepskins at IKEA last week just for that purpose :lloyd:

then I realized it'd just sit in the cupboard...so I didn't.

Leslie said:
I looooooove flannel sheets :D

The Mennonites around here make jammies out of them for kids, so my boys each have a pair. They look so sweet and cuddly. :love:

Oooooooh yes! Flannelettes!!!!!

In winter I have been known to wear flannel PJ's and flannel dressing gown, bed socks... in bed with flannelette sheets and... and... and a 15 tog duvet with a 4.5 on the top... just incase!

I'm like you Les... I HATE the cold!

I highly doubt anything bought at IKEA (swedish for I can't believe I was stupid enough to buy this crap) ever came within shooting distance of a sheep.

as do I :lloyd:. But it was soft and fuzzy and warm.

that was my first and last trip there, I think. I got a couple lamps that were nifty. The bulbs cost more than the lamps.

IKEA has become a British institution... no couple's sunday is complete with out the obligatory trip...

The stuffs okay...but nothing to shout about... :shrug:

ClaireBear said:
we have "The Pier" over here too... Ikea is cheaper... and I thought Ikea was Swedish?

Beats me. :shrug: I don't even go into WalMart, except to buy drinking water...

Leslie said:
He...goes to a...grocery store?

Military comissary for food, and AAFES (BX) for just about everything else. If I happen to catch a fish, however, I'll have that. :shrug:

Back