Just when you think people can sink no lower

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Everyone here at work knows that the company picnic is going to be at a local waterpark this year. It's been on "Velcro TV" (computer hooked up to a TV in the lunch room with a repeating powerpoint presentation on it with all the latest news in the company) for a few weeks now. So, today they bring the "How many people will be attending with you?" sheets around and they didn't give one to the students! Like, I mean, I can still go cause my momma works here...and I'm still bringing my bf too, I don't give a flying poo poo who says what! My momma will put 3 adults on her sheet (my bro will be working) and that will be that. But, it's SO not fair. All of the co-op students won't beable to go! Their parents don't work here! Like, HOLY STOOPING TO THE LOWEST OF THE LOW!

They are employees too! They work side by side everyday with everyone else...they have been here 2 months now...they will be here another 2...they might even be here for another work term later in their schooling. This summer I have been here just over a month, I have 2 more to go and this is my 5th summer in a row that I have been here.

Makes me feel like trash! I am SO f-ing mad!

It does suck but it might be part of the company policy that you have to be a full time permanent employee to go to this. I don't personally think it's fair either to single out the students for this event, but when a company is dishing out the funds for such an even, they probably don't think they should include the students who haven't given in many years of service as the other employees. At least you're getting to go which is cool.

As I said, this is summer #5 for me here...this is the FIRST I have not been "invited" (so to speak) to the picnic as an employee.

It's the idiot blonde who is incharge of it this year is what it is!

I don't think the HR lady is here today, I'll give it til mid next week to see if she fixes it when she comes back...if she doesn't find out about it or something I am just gonna go to her and be like "I didn't get a picnic form, where can I get them?" and then she'll either say "Go get one from stupid idiot head*" or "Students aren't invited this year" and if she tells me to go get one then...well...I am gonna tell all the other students to come with me and we'll all be like "Can we have forms please?" and stupid idiot head* will be like "ummmm uhhhh errr" and we'll be like "The HR lady said so, so NAH to you biatch!"

*I prefer to refer to her as this over her real name, it's so much more descriptive...

And obvisously we won't be as potty mouthed about it :brush:

My next suggestion was to go see the HR or the organizer. See what happens, maybe it was just an oversight.

I definitely wouldn't use the potty mouth cause it's likely to got you fired or not asked to return.

hahaha no no no never use the potty mouth around here

It wasn't an oversight...I am at a lady's desk who returns from holidays Monday. The stupid idiot head put a sheet in the mail slot on the desk and looked at me and goes "That's for her when she comes back Monday" I said "OK" thinking mine was gonna get handed to me...but nope...she just walked away....

Nixy said:
hahaha no no no never use the potty mouth around here

It wasn't an oversight...I am at a lady's desk who returns from holidays Monday. The stupid idiot head put a sheet in the mail slot on the desk and looked at me and goes "That's for her when she comes back Monday" I said "OK" thinking mine was gonna get handed to me...but nope...she just walked away....
So,in other words "this is for her ,not you"

:alienhuh:

:trout:

Hey, I snuck into the Hostess factory workers party saying we were cousins to our next door neighbors, their mother is a supervisor at the factory when I was like 12 or so. One of her kids and I tied on a blueberry pie eating contest with our hands tied behind our backs, we each won aluminum baseball bats. :D

Back