Justice, 21st Century style

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
from tonguetied.us

A Minnesota man accused of killing another gang member for wearing the wrong color in the wrong place could have the results of this third trial for the crime thrown out because two jurors think they heard other members of the jury use the term "boy" during deliberations, reports the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

Alonzo Ferguson was first convicted of murdering Allen Wheatly Jr. in 1996, but the decision was overturned by the state supreme court. A second trial ended with a hung jury and this, the third, ended with another conviction.

A judge is now hearing evidence regarding the "boy" comments and will be asked to decide whether there were race-based comments and what effect they had on deliberations.

*end*

Well I for one certainly hope this fine upstanding young man's civil rights are protected at all costs. I mean, just because you are a gang member, participate in organized crime, and kill someone for the unpardonable sin of wearing a bad color doesn't mean you should have to sit there in a court of law and be subjected to someone calling you a boy. He oughta pop a cap in their ass for it.

Off with this wastoid's head, toot sweet.

SouthernN'Proud said:
from tonguetied.us

A Minnesota man accused of killing another gang member for wearing the wrong color in the wrong place could have the results of this third trial for the crime thrown out because two jurors think they heard other members of the jury use the term "boy" during deliberations, reports the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

Alonzo Ferguson was first convicted of murdering Allen Wheatly Jr. in 1996, but the decision was overturned by the state supreme court. A second trial ended with a hung jury and this, the third, ended with another conviction.

A judge is now hearing evidence regarding the "boy" comments and will be asked to decide whether there were race-based comments and what effect they had on deliberations.

*end*

Well I for one certainly hope this fine upstanding young man's civil rights are protected at all costs. I mean, just because you are a gang member, participate in organized crime, and kill someone for the unpardonable sin of wearing a bad color doesn't mean you should have to sit there in a court of law and be subjected to someone calling you a boy. He oughta pop a cap in their ass for it.

Off with this wastoid's head, toot sweet.

Funny thing is...the people complaining the loudest about this perp's condition are the least likely to welcome said person into their homes... :devious:

Gato_Solo said:
Funny thing is...the people complaining the loudest about this perp's condition are the least likely to welcome said person into their homes... :devious:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Gato_Solo again.

Back