Justin Timberlake joins Stones; gets pelted with garbage

greenfreak

TORONTO — In perhaps his most memorable cameo since donning a furry dolphin suit at a Flaming Lips performance, Justin Timberlake joined Mick Jagger and the rest of the Rolling Stones onstage during the veteran rock band's set at the
spc.gif
spc.gif
concert for Toronto on Wednesday night.

The afternoon kicked off on a low point for Timberlake when a concertgoer's sign questioning the singer's sexuality made it to the jumbotrons for about 15 seconds. Timberlake took to the stage with an obvious awareness of audience cynicism, beginning his set with a small attempt to mitigate the crowd's frustration: "This will be over before you know it."

During his mini-set of "Cry Me a River," "Senorita" and "Rock Your Body," Justin gracefully dodged water bottles flung by anti-pop audience members, and winced slightly at their less than playful jeers. After quietly thanking the city of Toronto for generally being welcoming to him and his tour crew, Timberlake left the stage to make way for more crowd-pleasing acts including the Guess Who, Rush, AC/DC and headliners the Rolling Stones.

Justin got his sweet revenge, though, when Jagger invited him onstage for what appeared to be an unrehearsed performance of "Miss You," in which Timberlake mimicked Jagger's signature sways and echoed his vocals. In a clearly forced but effective fusion of classic rock and bubblegum pop, Jagger even sang the words "cry me a river" for several repetitions with Timberlake. And though the audience still managed to sling a few bottles Timberlake's way, guitarist Keith Richards exhibited remarkable tenacity, as he angrily motioned to the crowd to show the pop star a little respect.

Timberlake hugged Jagger and thanked each Rolling Stone by his first name, then humbly (or perhaps strategically) made a quick exit.
:rofl: I love it.

http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1475073/20030731/timberlake_justin.jhtml?headlines=true

CydCharisse said:
Muhahahahahahaha. At least I'm not the only one who sees Justin as annoying. :evilcool: classic

join the millions. maybe its me but that kind of music doesnt go with Rush, ACDC and stuff like that

freako104 said:
join the millions. maybe its me but that kind of music doesnt go with Rush, ACDC and stuff like that
Yeah I cant stand the bugger! Am I right in thinking he either has very small or no balls at all to make his voice go that high?

If only they had Maiden instead....

Doesn't matter it's still not respectful. I am disgusted by the people who I live amongst.

Toronto may have some of best fans to perform for because they get SO hyped and into it but with that they also have some of the rudest. At the Metallica Sanitarium show when you bought water they took the cap off so you coudlnt' throw around full bottles and even then you weren't allowed in the sitting/mosh area with it, you had to drink it out in the concession area. Throwing water bottles (especially full ones) is nothing new for TO.

Newsflash: Same here but its full pints of beer that get chucked. Now considering the additional weight that the beer supplies and the force you can propel such a light object with those things can hurt. Trust me been there.

steweygrrrr said:
Yeah I cant stand the bugger! Am I right in thinking he either has very small or no balls at all to make his voice go that high?

If only they had Maiden instead....

or the OZZman ;)

Nixy said:
At the Metallica Sanitarium show when you bought water they took the cap off so you coudlnt' throw around full bottles and even then you weren't allowed in the sitting/mosh area with it, you had to drink it out in the concession area. Throwing water bottles (especially full ones) is nothing new for TO.

Heh. Here in Montreal at the Summer Sanitarium, we didn't even get the bottles. All beverages were poured into plastic cups...

I'm surprised they didn't serve the hot dogs without the buns, too.

fuck big concerts. the warped tour was the biggest concert i would ever go to, but with the shitty bands they have been getting lately, and the sheer amount of jackasses I doubt i will ever care about going again.

Dont even get me started on those shitty ozzfest(although theydid have killswitch engage, shadows fall this year) I dont think i could ever justify going to one of those.

Lately I have been all about cheap early shows. start at 6, pay 5 bucks and see 3 or 4 pretty damn good lesser known bands with people who arent total dickheads.

Yeah have you seen the lameass attempt to rip it off? Being independent and all isnt it sposeda be kinda wrong to market a compilation album of all the worst crap out there?

Timberlake sings good songs, and what TO did was bullshit.

However, he shouldn't of been there, the bands that played around him, he wasnt of their caliber or timeperiod so it just didnt work.

whoreable said:
fuck big concerts. the warped tour was the biggest concert i would ever go to, but with the shitty bands they have been getting lately, and the sheer amount of jackasses I doubt i will ever care about going again.

I agree about the people sucking, but I went to Warped for one reason this year: THRICE!!!

Best band to go big in a LONG time.

I pretty much only cared about seeing poison the well and from autum to ashes, even though neither of that are all that great. I have seen most of the other bands other times.

I also decided not to go cause i had just spent 20 bucks to see in flames a couple days before. And I am wiling to bet i enjoyed it more than i would have warped.

No. He doesnt. He murders them with high pitched squealing.

He's got more screaming fans and #1 singles than you or me, i dont like him, but he's doing something right, again his fanbase isnt the same as people that like Rush/ACDC/The Stones

However i find it funny that someone would hold up a sign questioning Justins sexuality.. when hes the only guy to have banged britney spears.. while the guy with the sign prolly faps to her nightly

from my experience his fans only like him for the same reason they liked N suck or the Backdoor boys or 69 degrees. cause they think theyre hot :rolleyes: many of them have said they dont care about the music. just the looks.

Back