Justintime, WTF is marmite?

:D :D

This has been asked in the past.....

I think is something like jam.....well maybe not.

It's a sort of veggi / yeast extract spread - you put it on toast or bread.

I prefer Bovril - that's beef extract, you add it to boiling water and make a beefy drink!!

:beerdrnk:

it's a dark drink - just like :beerdrnk:

Yuck. Yeast extract? Yeast is little bugs commonly known as bacteria. So you um, eat what exactly from them? Their excrements?

Beef extract? What is going on with the british? :confuse3:

I'm sorry, I prefer to stick to pancakes with maple syrup and blueberries. :headbang:

it's not sole preserve of the brits, the australians love it too, although theirs is called vegemite.

marmite sounds like mama..........lol

(forget abotu it stupid locak joke)

Originally posted by LastLegionary
Yuck. Yeast extract? Yeast is little bugs commonly known as bacteria. So you um, eat what exactly from them? Their excrements?

So is beer, bread, and yogurt.

I prefer Bovril - that's beef extract, you add it to boiling water and make a beefy drink!!

I prefer OXO myself.

I've heard that since I was a kid but I'm hearing that again. I've got used to Bovril but not Marmite,
maybe Justintime just fed up with marmite and choose to go for Bovril :D

Originally posted by Professur
Originally posted by LastLegionary

So is beer, bread, and yogurt.

I prefer OXO myself.

OXO - yes another good one!!! :D

Marmite is just the condensed residue of the beer brewing process reduced to a peanut butter form with an uncanny likeness to a less salty beef bullion cube.

Bovril is just half marmite and half beef stock. I make hot mugs of the stuff all of the time.

They are both great soup stock starters.

Back