Kabul guards

spike

More of the article and pics at the link.

Guards at US Embassy Organized Humiliating Sex Games

By Britta Sandberg

Photos of embassy guards holding sex parties in Kabul have caused a stir in Washington. Some of the men involved claim they were forced to participate by their supervisors at the ArmorGroup security firm. The scandal could yet again call into question the role of private contractors in US military missions.

There are 12 photographs in all and what they depict amounts to the worst kind of déja-vu. Images that once again document how a civilized society can go off the rails in times of war, just like it did at Abu Ghraib. Photographs that make one think that this cannot still be possible. Not in Afghanistan, not in Iraq.

The images come from Camp Sullivan, the quarters of the security personnel for the US Embassy in Kabul, only a few kilometers from the embassy complex in the Afghan capital. They show naked men, employees of the security firm, whose genitals are only barely covered with a kind of black beer mat. The men are drinking, dancing naked around a fire, licking each others nipples and grabbing each others testicles. They perform sex acts, pour vodka down each others' naked backs and drink it from the buttocks.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,646977,00.html

If you check the rest of the article there's plenty of serious security issues. Plus they're just an embarrassment.

We should reconsider using all these contractors.

I think this being posted on holiday day weekend is a testament to the view
of spike toward the military.

If you check the rest of the article there's plenty of serious security issues.

spike, spike, spike. It's been well documented that homosexual behavior is not a mental illnes so it cannot be a "security issue". Nice cover-up wording though. I'll give you an 8.

Plus they're just an embarrassment.

To whom? I think they're freaks but it's their business. Homosexuality is not a threat, unles you fear you is one. :hmm:

We should reconsider using all these contractors.

complaints about ArmorGroup's unreliability, the US government renewed the contract in July of this year

Obama's government. He must be on the inside. (or, to keep it on the nonsense off Haliburton-Cheney, it misy be wasshisname, the veep, that's collecting the cash & protectig his friends)

yeah either that or it's been in the news recently. :retard:

what is it with you people? someone is concerned about the conduct and image of his country and all you chimps can do is suggest that that person is unpatriotic.

well, i guess that's the way things work at cheerleader camp.

spike, spike, spike. It's been well documented that homosexual behavior is not a mental illnes so it cannot be a "security issue". Nice cover-up wording though. I'll give you an 8.
Are you saying that all of these men are homosexual?
Please keep in mind before answering that question that the men who blew the whistle on the "hazing" remained anonymous to prevent reprisals. "They say that anyone who refused to take part in the games was ridiculed, humiliated, demoted or even fired. Those who took part were rewarded with better shifts and postings."

Regardless of whether the men were homosexual, sexual harassment (and that's what this is) is against the law in the US and should be at any embassy abroad.

As for the security issue:
article said:
According to POGO, this had resulted in "complete distrust of leadership and a breakdown of the chain of command, compromising security." Multiple guards said that it had created a "climate of fear and coercion."
You have to read the words, not just look at the pictures, Gonz. ;)
Gonz said:
To whom? I think they're freaks but it's their business. Homosexuality is not a threat, unles you fear you is one. :hmm:
I believe he's referring to the sexual harassment, not the act of sex among same sex couples. There is a big difference between the two.
Gonz said:
Obama's government. He must be on the inside. (or, to keep it on the nonsense off Haliburton-Cheney, it misy be wasshisname, the veep, that's collecting the cash & protectig his friends)
Yep... there is is. :rolleyes: You just lost all credibility. And here I thought you were interested in an intelligent discussion.

Why? We all have the Inter-Webs over the weekend. It's not like this is Memorial Day weekend or Veteran's Day or something. :shrug:

And here I thought you were interested in an intelligent discussion.

Just as soon as there is something to discuss, I am.

This is a story of freaks & their antics.

I'd not work there, given the described circumstances. I'd also see no need to contact the media & report this. That does nothing but, how'd minkey put it, put a bad light for those "concerned about the conduct and image of his country".

This is a group of men (homosexual or homo-erotic) that need to be laughed at, not reported on.

Just as soon as there is something to discuss, I am.

This is a story of freaks & their antics.

I'd not work there, given the described circumstances. I'd also see no need to contact the media & report this. That does nothing but, how'd minkey put it, put a bad light for those "concerned about the conduct and image of his country".

This is a group of men (homosexual or homo-erotic) that need to be laughed at, not reported on.
It's still sexual harassment and I would assume they are under the same laws that protect employees in the workplace here at home.

I don't feel entertained by what happened there, I feel concerned. What if those that were forced to participate in the "humiliating sex acts" were women and not men. Would people react the same way? Or would they be outraged. I think men should have the same protections as women in the workplace. There should not be any differences if we want equality. Forcing these men to participate with the threats described is just as bad as if this had been done to women.

yeah either that or it's been in the news recently. :retard:

what is it with you people? someone is concerned about the conduct and image of his country and all you chimps can do is suggest that that person is unpatriotic.

well, i guess that's the way things work at cheerleader camp.
rah rah rah :D
Why? We all have the Inter-Webs over the weekend. It's not like this is Memorial Day weekend or Veteran's Day or something. :shrug:

because positive stries never seem to make the cut.

Spike, I apoligize if I'm wrong.

What is your reason for posting that story?

rah rah rah :D

because positive stries never seem to make the cut.

Spike, I apoligize if I'm wrong.

What is your reason for posting that story?
Take the initiative, cat... post something positive. There's plenty out there to be found (I'm not being sarcastic). I would love to see more positive threads posted here. :)

Forced.

If you can walk away, unscathed, you were not forced.
Yes, forced... under the duress of loss of income.

So the men who don't want to participate get fired. They look for another job and find it more difficult to get a job in their chosen profession (security) because of the blemish for being fired and possibly bad remarks entered into their personnel file.

This is the same excuse that was given to women before laws were passed about sexual harassment in the workplace. "If you don't like it, go find another job elsewhere, or ... you can sleep with me and find your job so much easier." So when no one is punished for the harassment then other companies look the other way when someone complains. Employees who want to work in a sexual harassment free workplace go from job to job seeking the environment that allows them to do their job without the added embarrassment, hassle and stress of dealing with unwanted sexual advances, etc. This alone makes their employment record look bad.

The vast majority of companies will look the other way with regards to any transgression unless there are consequences involved to prevent this sort of behavior in the workplace.

Take the initiative, cat... post something positive. There's plenty out there to be found (I'm not being sarcastic). I would love to see more positive threads posted here. :)

ok, cool :)
good idea

Bankrupting The Taliban
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan -- Last month, our Fox News' "War Stories" team was in Colombia, covering the tough fight against a narco-insurgency, the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, or FARC. This month, we're in Afghanistan, covering another narco-insurgency, the Taliban. In Colombia, cocaine fuels and funds the terror. Here in Afghanistan, it's opium.

Despite extraordinary differences in culture, climate and terrain, there are dramatic parallels in the two campaigns. More importantly, lessons learned in the Andean basin are being applied here in the shadows of the Hindu Kush.

Both countries have isolated agricultural populations vulnerable to coercion by insurgents financed by narcotics trafficking. In Colombia, the world's largest producer of cocaine, the FARC turned to drug funding when support from fellow communists dried up with the collapse of the Soviet empire. Here in Afghanistan, the global leader in opium production, the radical-Islamist Taliban became drug-dependant after being driven from power in 2001 during the opening days of Operation Enduring Freedom.
http://www.postchronicle.com/commentary/article_212255189.shtml

Back