Kalifornia silliness...

So the fine folks of SannyFranny lead the latest parade of citizens falling over themselves to give away their Constitutional rights. I'm flabbergasted.

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns...the rest of us are sitting ducks.

They'll get 12 guage away from me when they pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Then again, maybe with all those Klan killings across the bay in Oaktown, maybe banning guns is a good thing. Lord knows we gotta stop that rash of senselessness. :nerd:

They can't do that. The Bill of Rights & the Constitution are guaranteed. Well, they used to be.

Proposition H, would ban the possession, manufacture, distribution, sale and transfer of firearms and ammunition within San Francisco.
Amendment II
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

You can chose not to participate in these rights but they cannot be taken away, without changing the Constitution.

SouthernN'Proud said:
So the fine folks of SannyFranny lead the latest parade of citizens falling over themselves to give away their Constitutional rights. I'm flabbergasted.

Where goes Kalifornia, soon goes the nation. They can't find all of the guns, however.

SnP said:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns...the rest of us are sitting ducks.

A bit strong, and essentially incorrect...unless they ban knives as well...

SnP said:
They'll get 12 guage away from me when they pry it from my cold, dead hands.

This ban was only for handguns. Rifles and shotguns aren't mentioned because even the liberals in San Fran go skeet shooting and hunting on occasion.

SnP said:
Then again, maybe with all those Klan killings across the bay in Oaktown, maybe banning guns is a good thing. Lord knows we gotta stop that rash of senselessness. :nerd:

Are you poking that possum again? :D

Gonz said:
Indiana Jones?

No. More like reality. More people get killed by knives than guns. I believe I posted that statistic and the source here before...

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

A gun kills from a distance, as was exemplified in the first Indiana Jones movie, when the bad guys had knives (or was it whips) & Indy pulled a handgun & ended the threat. Sitting ducks...knives...Indiana Jones, a joke ;)

Gonz said:
Sorry, I wasn't clear.

A gun kills from a distance, as was exemplified in the first Indiana Jones movie, when the bad guys had knives (or was it whips) & Indy pulled a handgun & ended the threat. Sitting ducks...knives...Indiana Jones, a joke ;)

Actually...they had swords...and, instead of running up and just lopping his head off, they decided to play around like it was a kung fu movie.

You have a better chance surviving a gunshot than you do from being stabbed...

SouthernN'Proud said:
Then again, maybe with all those Klan killings across the bay in Oaktown, maybe banning guns is a good thing.
While there are some Klan elements in Oakland I think their presence is much greater in places where you can readily find this flag being flown....
images

On the topic of handguns does anyone have any idea why these statistics are so different for the US compared to other countries?

Comparison of U.S. gun homicides to other industrialized countries:</B>
In 1998 (the most recent year for which this data has been compiled), handguns murdered:

• 373 people in Germany
  • 151 people in Canada
  • 57 people in Australia
  • 19 people in Japan
  • 54 people in England and Wales, and
  • 11,789 people in the United States
Source...

Handguns murdered? Its a sad day when innocent handguns get murdered.

The stats don't seem to reflect back a few decades when the German and Japanese gun murder rate was up around 8,000,000 a year... 'cept it seemed to be the military dictatorships running muckity-muck because the citizens didn't have the ability to stop their own governments with anything more than angry fist-waving.

Australia has one tenth our population... Canada too. They have tons of land and beer to share about and not get on everyones nerves.

The English use other methods to kill since they don't have guns. The knife murder rate is quite high.

In India, where anything over a pointy stick is illegal, they club each other to death with tree branches and whatnot.

A couple more interesting facts...

While handguns account for only one-third of all firearms owned in the United States, they account for more than two-thirds of all firearm-related deaths each year. A gun in the home is 4 times more likely to be involved in an unintentional shooting, 7 times more likely to be used to commit a criminal assault or homicide, and 11 times more likely to be used to attempt or commit suicide than to be used in self-defense.

A gun kept in the home is 22 times more likely to be used in a homicide, suicide or unintentional shooting than to be used in self-defense.
A gun in the home increases the risk of homicide of a household member by 3 times and the risk of suicide by 5 times compared to homes where no gun is present.
Among 26 industrialized nations, 86% of gun deaths among children under age 15 occurred in the United States.

hand guns never kill anyone, its the reject behind it that do.
And if we would follow the ol eye for an eye instead of letting murderers sit around on death row till there like 60-70 years we would have half the crime we do now.
like some other countries, you get caught stealing you lose a hand. and its done immediately.

The right to bear arms is the second amendment. It means people can privately own a gun or firearm if they choose to. If not then they do not have to buy one. And arent crime rates lower where citizens can carry?

Back