Karma! Reputation!

floris

Heeeey.

I like getting reputation for posts .. thank you all.

I'd also like my posts to say: Posts: x / Karma y
and maybe then the reputation small icons besides the postbit buttons at the bottom. That will look good, then i know the level of my karma and the imanges for the reputation.

yeah
karma = level of reputation.
good or bad, in numbers.

If you want to know how to do this, just ask me fury :)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
You can see exactly how much karma you have by going into your user control panel. I have intentionally not displayed exact amounts of karma because it does not account for whether a user's karma is disabled or not.

floris

*(scratches his head)*

Where in the UCP can you see your amount of karma points? I just browsed, but .. *blinks* didn't see anything!

Rose

floris - it should be right below the "subscribed threads" area. It will even display the latest karma's you've recieved with comments. :D

This is floris from vB, right?

Rose

*lol* Welcome Template King. Got anything ready in the works of vB3 ... ;)

Anyway, welcome to OTC again and glad you joined KoC. :D It's addictive fun!

fury

Administrator
Staff member
floris said:
[update]
Ah
it only shows if you have actually received any karma.
pfffffffft.
For me it says "Latest Karma Received 1402 points total"

It doesn't say that for you?

What style are you using?

floris

Yes, I have about 40 template mods ready to be released for rc1. :)
They are extended editions and have stuff unseen before and to hot for the jerry springer show :) But I just read that the rc1 will be out end november, so .. I might release a few things in november first, for beta 7, or at least re-release some of the beta 3,4,5,6 mods (but rewritten and tweaked a bit for beta 7).

If you require anything, just put it in the request forum on www.vbulletin.nl/community/ and we will have a looksy.

floris

fury said:
For me it says "Latest Karma Received 1402 points total"

It doesn't say that for you?

What style are you using?
No, my comment meant that i didn't had any karma first, so it didn't show the header of the karma received, ergo; once received, you see it; ergo .. i am gone watching matrix revolutions again. bbl

Rose

floris said:
Yes, I have about 40 template mods ready to be released for rc1. :)
They are extended editions and have stuff unseen before and to hot for the jerry springer show :) But I just read that the rc1 will be out end november, so .. I might release a few things in november first, for beta 7, or at least re-release some of the beta 3,4,5,6 mods (but rewritten and tweaked a bit for beta 7).

If you require anything, just put it in the request forum on www.vbulletin.nl/community/ and we will have a looksy.

Will do. I believe I'm a member there, though I might be mistaking .nl for ... something else. I dont' recall. Anyway, I'll think a bit and get back with you. I've upgraded my site to vB3 and am using a version of NTLDR's vBsite (vBindex?) as the homepage, and it's working out nicely. But there are several little tweaks in the templates I would like to work out, both in the site and forums. :D

AlphaTroll

While we're on the topic of Karma - is there any way one can see exactly who gave you karma & when & why? Just wondering, 'cos I can only see the last 5 comments from whomever I got Karma from and sometimes I have no clue how it added up to what it is because I don't get online everyday (well, no weekends anyway) & it'd be nice to see who the kindly souls are that have given me some green beads (thanks to those guys btw, I feel so loved ;))

floris

I think users can choose to not show karma, secondly i think these are all settings per usergroup for the admin to set.

AlphaTroll

I'm referring to the user cp, where you can see how much karma you have & who gave it to you. It only shows the last 5 messages, but sometimes I get back here & would like to see who it was that gave me some, that's all.

I've chosen to have mine switched off, so I know how it works. I was just wondering if it was possible to actually see who all the people were.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
It's set so you can't see who gave you karma. Whoever gave it to you can choose to reveal themselves in their karma comment. The reason it's not shown is because the karma system is a member rating system, not to be used a PM system, if you just want to leave someone a note or chit chat then use regular PM's.

freako104

AlphaTroll said:
I'm referring to the user cp, where you can see how much karma you have & who gave it to you. It only shows the last 5 messages, but sometimes I get back here & would like to see who it was that gave me some, that's all.

I've chosen to have mine switched off, so I know how it works. I was just wondering if it was possible to actually see who all the people were.

there were some threads on that before. itll take a little bit of digging but they were answered

Squiggy

ThunderDick
fury said:
It's nothing compared to what Squiggy has. :D He is the king of karma

Only because PT hasn't been posting much. Where is that dipshit, anyway? :hmm:

That'll bring him out...;) :D