Kill the lawyers

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
...and kill them now

NEW ORLEANS - Hurricane Katrina's victims have put a price tag on their suffering and it is staggering — including one plaintiff seeking the unlikely sum of $3 quadrillion.

A whopping $3,014,170,389,176,410 is the dollar figure so far sought from some of the largest claims filed against the federal government over damage from the failure of levees and flood walls following the Aug. 29, 2005, hurricane.

Of roughly 489,000 total claims, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said it has received 247 for at least $1 billion apiece, including the one for $3 quadrillion.

And while yer at it, take out some of the plaintiffs too. How anybody could have the balls to do something like this is beyond me.

Basic greed. Gimme, gimme, and gimme more. And just like a child throwing a temper tantrum ... it's never going to stop while it still pays off.

yeah unfortunately the flip side of this is the giant red-inked DENY stamps in the eager, hairy palms of spineless, petty, prejudicial insurance bureaucrats.

it's like we need both sets of assholes to cancel each other out.

Aren't the levees state or local property?

Could be. But since state and local governments have no real authority now, and since Warshinton wanted to be an omnipotent overseer of all things, they get the tab too.

Just think. If they had

Moses said:
Let my people go

none of this would cost you a cent. Ain't imperialism grand?

Actually, I think those levees were federally-owned. I'd have to check, but I think that's correct.

That $3 quadrillion thing reminds me of Austin Powers movies... in the first one, Dr. Evil comes forward from 1967 to 1997 and makes plans for some bad shit to go down unless the government gives him one million dollars. His 1997 assistants laugh at that because the legit businesses in his empire are pulling in many times that much each day. Then, in the next movie, he goes back from 1999 to 1969 and threatens to blow up the earth with a moon-based laser unless they give him one hundred billion dollars... and the government laughs at him because there's not that much money in the entire world.

Aren't they are built and maintained by the Army Corp of Engineers ,so I'd say Federal.

Built by the Army Corps of Engineers, but maintained by the state. These lawsuits against the Federal government are akin to suing your car-maker because your car got into a fender bender on the way home from work...

Back