Kruz

A.B.Normal

Being as your a Dodge tech maybe you can help me out with why tiresize on the Door plate doesn't match what actually came factory installed on it.
i.e. I have a 2003 Dakota 4x4 and the doorplate says P245/70R16 mine has the 265/70R16s .

The reason I'm asking is one of my coworkers went to get new tires in the Tireshop in our Costco ,they looked at the doorplate and said that someone must have installed them aftermarket because the doorplate said P245/70R16 .He only needed 2 tires but because he had bought his truck used ,they were able to convince him of this and he ended up buying 4 P245/70R16 (I warned him about also needing a spare) .I bought mine off the lot with the 265s and only 5km on the odometer,so I know mine came with them also the Window sticker shows 265s.Both our vehicles are Clubcub Dakota 4x4s ,his being an '01 and mine an '03 and the Costco Fitment computer shows that Dodge did indeed produce them with the 265s but since the doorplate says 245 thats what Costco policy dictates.I know the guys in the tireshop and I work in there myself on occassion so I know they aren't just trying to screw the customer ,but are trying to look out for them by following Company policy.
I'm gonna need new tires in about 6mnths ,so I'm doing everything in my power to get this policy looked atand corrected IMO.I'm going out to several dealers(chrysler,Chev,Ford) on my days off and see if this no-matching doorplates is done by all manufacturers or just Dodge.I also pointed out the doorplate on a Rumblebee shows 17 inch rims whereas the Rumblebee package has 20 inch rims.,any idea what an SRT10 Ram has on its doorplate ,none of the local dealers have 0ne :sad:.

If you could direct me to any literature I could use to convince them they are wrong and need to re-evaluate the policy I'd appreciate it ,as I'm doing up a presentation for the Warehouse manager and anyone at a the Costco Corporate level who would like to be enlightened.Even if you can provide an email for someone at Chrysler who may be able to help.

Thanks
Wade.

Tht's why I always go to Dan's Tire when I need something related to tires. They'll let me upsize.

Well, that, and it's an hour's drive to the nearest Costco.

Nope ,but we get our Memberships(Executive 2% back at the end of the year)free.Its just way more convenient to drop the trcuk off before work and pick it up on my Coffee break when the shops 10 feet away.Plus I really trust the guys that work there,its not their fault they have to follow policy.

some vehicles are modified by us (dealers) after they get to our lots....
we may take a stock jeep wrangler and put a lift kit and 31x10.5 mudders on it.
or put together a package upgrade.. the door stickers are not changed, but we will change the tire size for the computer in the vehicle, so the speedometer and traction control/anti-lock brakes work normally

When a dealer Modifiies it ,do they change the Window sticker though?I woulda thought the change to P265s was a Factory deal.I found a few SRT10s listed on Ebay and they do indeed list 20inch rims,so at least they have the correct DP.Are the Rumblebee packages a Dealer Option or do they come from the factory like that?I have seen a few Solar Yellow 1500 listed at dealers that aren't RBs ,but the Dodge.ca "build and price" don't offer Solar Yellow as a Colour option.Do the Dealers simply get Solar yellow 1500s and add the BLING or are they shipped from the factory that way. I know dealers add stuff like tonneau,nerf bars etc...,but options like Leather seats,tires and two-tone paint would be factory installed.In fact if I'm correct when they do the 265s they put in the 3.92 rear diff and well to compensate,can't see a dealer doing that.

Back