ku'u .. I have something ..

geez, how lazy can I be? I was gonna ICQ you but you're not online .. I was gonna call you from my office, but I don't have my cell ... so I post a thread here :D

Hey - don't forget .. I have a bum ankle *ouch* I have to stay off of it ;)

Nixy said:
Well? Are you gonna share with the rest of us? ?(

I want her to be surprised :) .. and I'm sure she will be ... it's something she's been looking for since she got back from maturnity ... some jerks around here just help themselves to the contents of your desk and drawers ... I'll let you all in on it as soon as she comes running into my office :D

Luis G said:
a conditioner?

hehehe .. no, but come to think of it .. my daughter said she took ku'u's milk yesterday .. and I think I saw it still in my fridge this morning ...

hey ku'u .. umm... I have your milk :D

and no you sickos who I know are dying to ask, it's not her breast milk

:D

yeah .. we live together, sort of ... :D

See, my aunty (ku'u's hunny's mom) has a 10 acre parcel. On that parcel are 5 households .. my elder cousin and her family, my younger cousin and her family, my aunty, ku'u and her family, me and my family. Ku'u and I actually have a duplex. We share food, child labor, televisions, pretty much everything. We try to have as many group dinners as we can cause then it lessens how much each family has to cook individually and it gives us the kind of social interaction that most other families don't get. That's one of the reasons we don't really leave the "compound" (that's what we call the 10 acre parcel) .. cause we get our educational, familial, cultural, and social stimulations in that one place.

We all work here at the foundation together, our children go to school together, we go camping together .. basically, we do a lot of things together :D

It's all about the Family *hand over heart once again*

Oh, so you basically live in the same house except there are two seperate houses in the one house?

yep :)

it's funny when one of my kids asks if they can sleep over at ku'u's house .. or her sister asks if she can sleep at mine .. cause basically, it's like sleeping in another room of the house :D

see? so when you come to Hawai'i .. you can stay at ku'u's or my house and you'll still be staying with both of us :)

I PROMISE I will come to Hawaii when i get a job and get $$. I woudl love to meet you guys and would LOVE to see Hawaii!

I'd actually love to come to Canada ... WIPCE is being held there this year (World Indigenous People's Conference on Education) and we were gonna go but ... it's too expensive .. plus, we worked our asses off when we hosted it a few years ago right here in Hilo :D

Nixy said:
Your daughter just walks into her house?

yup, plus, our doors have no locks on them.

anytime i need milk, or sugar, or eggs, or bread, i can just walk right on over to nan's house. it's my own personal grocery store. and anytime something's missing from my kitchen, like milk, pepper, peanut butter, i know one of her kid's came to mine and borrowed it. it's great.

nalani said:
Nixy said:
Well? Are you gonna share with the rest of us? ?(

I want her to be surprised :) .. and I'm sure she will be ... it's something she's been looking for since she got back from maturnity ... some jerks around here just help themselves to the contents of your desk and drawers ... I'll let you all in on it as soon as she comes running into my office :D

hmmmm ... *wondering*

Could it be my Kumulipo book?!?! Please say it's so!!
OMG, how dorky is that? Getting excited over a lost book!

:D

It is so *nod* .. the Kumulipo, notes and all oh Infamous Official Translator of Pualani Kanaka'ole Kanahele :)

hehehe .. welcome to my GEEK world, ku'u .. how do I know you're a geek? cause you got oh-so-excited over something other than beer :D

no one is hugging me either... but I'll be damned if I ever claim geek status.

Doesn't mean that I don't want one just the same. :D

Back