Laptop display?

rrfield

At work we need to find a laptop that has a display bright enough to be seen in direct sunlight. We've tried a brand called Dolch and the screen is great, but the rest of the laptop is pure crap. We ordered a Panasonic ToughBook but it's backordered. Gateway has a $35 option for an "ultrabright" display but it's just as bad as a standard display in sunlight.

Anyone had good/bad experiences with laptop displays in direct sunlight?

Thanks dudes

Both my Dell laptops are only so-so in the sun. but so is my 19" LCD, and tube monitors as well.... direct sunlight sucks for monitors :confused:

I might like to find a small screen that works well in direct sun and put it in my cell phone.

Kruz said:
Both my Dell laptops are only so-so in the sun. but so is my 19" LCD, and tube monitors as well.... direct sunlight sucks for monitors :confused:

There are certain monitor types made for outdoors. We use a brand called Dolch; the monitors are great but the rest of the computer sucks. I believe the monitors are called reflexive. I was wondering if anyone knows a brand that uses these LCD monitors AND uses reliable hardware. Dell and Gateway don't seem to offer these. IBM has a tablet that may work but I was hoping for a notebook.

rrfield said:
There are certain monitor types made for outdoors. We use a brand called Dolch; the monitors are great but the rest of the computer sucks. I believe the monitors are called reflexive. I was wondering if anyone knows a brand that uses these LCD monitors AND uses reliable hardware. Dell and Gateway don't seem to offer these. IBM has a tablet that may work but I was hoping for a notebook.
Looked at itronix? More along the durability line, but proclaimed to be outdoor-friendly. Or see what http://www.idparts.com/manufacturing/srd/index.htm recommends.

Back