Laughing so hard...

Jeslek

Banned
Well I'm watching Rick Mercer's Talking to Americans... I'm actually thinking of posting it somewhere for download, because it is so damn ridiculous. For example, they went to Florida and asked:

Rick: Well see, Canada is allied with the United States and we've been thinking of getting a navy, so that if the US needs help, we can help out. The trouble is, Canada doesn't have access to water. Does getting a navy make sense? I mean, we don't have any harbors.

People:

- Well, no, if you have no water, you can't have a navy can you?

- I think its a good idea and I'm sure the US will rent a harbor to the Canadian navy

- Yes I think it would be really good if the Canadian navy keeps their ship in a US port because its good for trade relations, blah blah

- You don't need a navy, just use the American navy. I'm pretty sure we will support you.

:rofl2:

So Canada has never had a recount, and we were wondering if Florida is interested in adopting our method of voting. If you vote for the person in power, you put a pine cone in the box. If not, you put a piece of birch bark in the box. That way there is no confusion. What do you think?

- I think its a great idea, I mean no more dimples...

- Good idea, sounds weird, but I guess its ok if Canada never had a recount

- Great idea, and its probably more environmental friendly

:rofl2:

OK so Chief Lightfoot's clan signed a treaty 150 years ago with the government for rights to rhinosaurus hunting rights in northern Saskachewan. Should the government honor that treaty?

- Yes of course!!

- Yes, but they shouldn't abuse it. I mean, the rhino is almost extinct or something.

- No, saaave the rhinos! I say no, they are so cute!

OK so Canada decided to do away with the Union Jack (Britain's flag) and we are pretty excited to get our own flag. On the table are some designs, including a hockey puck, a moose head, a fish, a donut, and a maple leaf. What would you prefer?

- Hockey Puck. Definitely.

- Moose head

- Hockey Puck. I mean, that is what you are known for, right?

:D

To mother with kid of about 9: About 70% of grade 7 students couldn't find their state on an unmarked map. Does that indicate trouble with the Canadian public education system?

mom: Yes, yes, I definitely think that is bad.

kid interjecting: Hang on! Canada has PROVINCES! Not STATES!

heehee, I want to hear the ones where people actually call them on it and know what they're talkin about. I bet they're rare :).

(english question) so......does Canada have states or provinces? :confuse3:

and what's the difference between a province and a territorie?
Ontario and Alberta are provinces?
:confuse3:

Luis G said:
and what's the difference between a province and a territorie?
Ontario and Alberta are provinces?
:confuse3:
Luis, territories have no government but are governed by the federal government, or they govern themselves but have no representative in the federal government. Thats the political definition of a territory. Just like Puerto Rico has no senators or representatives, because they are a territory.

We have 10 provinces and a couple of territories, including Yukon, Northwest, and Nunavit.

Back