Lesbian couple files for divorce

Inkara1

A same-sex couple who were married in Fresno County on June 27 -- just 10 days after county clerks in California started issuing marriage licenses for gay and lesbian couples -- has filed for divorce.

The couple, Theresa Ramirez and Adelita Guajardo, are among more than 100 same-sex couples who applied for a marriage license in the county since June.

Three days after their marriage, Ramirez filed for divorce, court records show. The court petition says there were "irreconcilable differences" between her and Guajardo
Full story here

Just posting an article is all...

Professur

3 days? Methinks they married solely to prove a point.

Which has been one of my major issues with changing the dictionary to begin with. BTW, this is nothing new. In almost every jurisdiction where gay marriage has been legalized, someone has done this. Indeed, the only one that I'm sure hasn't been victimized in this fashion was one who had allowed the marriage laws changed, but had managed to block the change of the divorce laws. That may even have chanced since then.

MrBishop

Funny - the two same-sex marriages that I attended are still going strong. Over 3 years now for each.

So far, same-sex marriage still beats het-marriage for durability. (50%+ range for het-marriage ending in divorce).

2minkey

bootlicker
the mortality rate for heterosexual marriage is certainly at least as bad.

like, um, how long did homer simpson and ned flanders stick with their "vegas wives?"

Professur

the mortality rate for heterosexual marriage is certainly at least as bad.

I believe I've stated my disgust about that particular statistic in the past. The problem in whole is that people have 'changed' the meaning of the word Marriage to something more convenient. Then they wonder why it doesn't work. It's not too difficult to understand that if you change the names of Gasoline and Diesel to Fuel ... before too long, it's not gonna work anymore.

MrBishop

Then again...what if the word "Marriage" is actually being helped by same-sex marriages?
People doing it for the right reasons and sticking it out through thick and thin...but the main problem is that they can't marry because the same people who are degrading the term are not willing to let one portion of the populace give IT their best shot?

2minkey

bootlicker
The problem in whole is that people have 'changed' the meaning of the word Marriage to something more convenient. Then they wonder why it doesn't work.

yup.

but, but... short-term convenience is the american way!

hey that explains a lot these days.

BlurOfSerenity

to me, it's weird that this is news! makes me wonder if i should alert the press every time i hear someone's getting divorce...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
So far, same-sex marriage still beats het-marriage for durability. (50%+ range for het-marriage ending in divorce).

It's been awhile but there was a study that looked at the real numbers behind divorce.

It turns out that something like 28% of FIRST marriages fail. They get to 50%+ because of multiple failures.

Lies, damned lies & statistics.

Professur

It's been awhile but there was a study that looked at the real numbers behind divorce.

It turns out that something like 28% of FIRST marriages fail. They get to 50%+ because of multiple failures.

Lies, damned lies & statistics.

Yup. After all, once someone fails (spectacularly) at something .. but refuses to accept their failure, the odds are quite high that they'll make the same mistakes again, and again. It saddens me no end to realize that the only ones still using the original definition of marry is bakers.