Libby: Bush himself authorized leak on Iraq

flavio

Banned
If there wasn't some daily new evidence of the corruption in the White House we wouldn't have near as many posts about the little fscker.

WASHINGTON - Vice President Dick Cheney’s former top aide told prosecutors President Bush authorized the leak of sensitive intelligence information about Iraq, according to court papers filed by prosecutors in the CIA leak case.

The filing by Special Counsel Patrick Fitzgerald also describes Cheney’s involvement in I. Lewis Libby’s communications with the press.

More..............

flavio said:
If there wasn't some daily new evidence of the corruption in the White House we wouldn't have near as many posts about the little fscker.

More..............

Of course, this has nothing to do with it, right?

Libby is asking for voluminous amounts of classified information from the government in order to defend himself against five counts of perjury, obstruction and lying to the FBI in the Plame affair.

He's already under the gun for lying under oath. Which, I believe, you were quite happy with when he first got charged. Now that the liar has implicated Bush, he's suddenly a wealth of information. You're not just transparent on this...you're invisible. :lol:

Even the NY Times sees past the politics

The president has the legal power to declassify information, and Mr. Libby indicated in his testimony that the president's decision — which he said was conveyed through Mr. Cheney — gave him legal cover to pass on information contained in a National Intelligence Estimate.

NY Times

Gato_Solo said:
Of course, this has nothing to do with it, right?

Nothing to do with what?

He's already under the gun for lying under oath. Which, I believe, you were quite happy with when he first got charged. Now that the liar has implicated Bush, he's suddenly a wealth of information. You're not just transparent on this...you're invisible.

*Sigh* Yeah, just go ahead and make up some stuff for me to say and then disagree with it. I'm getting used to it.

So anyway, you pretty sure there's no chance this is true?

heh

I'm actually convinced he really swallows this crap

I still find it hard to believe but hey WTF...

yessiree no grasp of reality what-so-ever
really stands you in good stead
as a Liberal I suppose, Yup!

so Flavor-fav tell me, do ya even know what it is that
Bushco is supposed to have 'released' i.e. 'leaked'??? Hmmm?
tell me tell me tell me

Sorry, but as corrupt as anyone may believe the government to be is unlikely to come close to the actual level of corruption that exists.

cor·rupt Pronunciation (k-rpt)
adj.
1. Marked by immorality and perversion; depraved.
2. Venal; dishonest: a corrupt mayor.
3. Containing errors or alterations, as a text: a corrupt translation.
4. Archaic Tainted; putrid.
v. cor·rupt·ed, cor·rupt·ing, cor·rupts
v.tr.
1. To destroy or subvert the honesty or integrity of.
2. To ruin morally; pervert.
3. To taint; contaminate.
4. To cause to become rotten; spoil.
5. To change the original form of (a text, for example).
6. Computer Science To damage (data) in a file or on a disk.
v.intr.
To become corrupt.
[Middle English, from Latin corruptus, past participle of corrumpere, to destroy : com-, intensive pref.; see com- + rumpere, to break; see reup- in Indo-European roots.]
cor·rupter, cor·ruptor n.
cor·ruptive adj.
cor·ruptly adv.
cor·ruptness n.
Synonyms: corrupt, debase, debauch, deprave, pervert, vitiate
These verbs mean to ruin utterly in character or quality: was corrupted by limitless power; debased himself by pleading with the captors; a youth debauched by drugs and drink; indulgence that depraves the moral fiber; perverted her talent by putting it to evil purposes; a proof vitiated by a serious omission.

The LMSM sure is trying hard. Too bad it never does them any good.

How can info be "leaked" if it has already been declassified?

All of the pre-Iraqi war intelligence was declassified by July 21st 2003 and made available to the public: a document referring to the consensus of intelligence agencies that Saddam Hussein possessed weapons of mass destruction and was a substantial threat to American security.

There was nothing about Valerie Plame in that information. It has not been established that anyone in the White House knowingly and intentionally revealed Plame as a covert operative.

Those simple facts make this story important only if it can be twisted to mean something other than what it is....

No matter what happens, it's clear Bush is a dick and has the maturity of a 13 year old.

The court papers say Libby’s boss, advised him that the president had authorized Libby to leak the information to the press in striking back at administration critic Joseph Wilson.

So far it looks like Gato and Winky don't think what Libby says is true and Gonz and Other One think he's telling the truth. That right?

flavio said:
So far it looks like Gato and Winky don't think what Libby says is true and Gonz and Other One think he's telling the truth. That right?

Reread my post.

Gato said:

I'm taking that as you think he's lying.

Gonz said:
The president has the legal power to declassify information, and Mr. Libby indicated in his testimony that the president's decision — which he said was conveyed through Mr. Cheney — gave him legal cover to pass on information contained in a National Intelligence Estimate.

I'm taking that as you don't think he's lying but what bush did was still ok.

You guys want to clarify anything?

How can info be "leaked" if it has already been declassified?

the president had authorized Libby to leak the information to the press in striking back at administration critic Joseph Wilson.

If administration officials like Libby did not speak to the press about what was going to be in the NIE, the American people would only have heard from people like Wilson and others opposed to the President's policies.

...but what bush did was still ok.

What did he do?

we know what is really goin' on Bub

we also know that yer sides attempt to stir shit will fail
(remember this is an outgrowth of the Valerie Plame affair)

oh and like Bon Jovi sez

"Have a nice day"

Hook, line, and sinker...

Special Counsel Patrick J. Fitzgerald said in the filing that Libby testified before a grand jury that he was authorized by Bush, through Cheney, to leak information from the intelligence estimate.

Libby faces trial, likely in January, on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice for allegedly lying to the grand jury and investigators about what he told reporters about Plame.

Fitzgerald did not say in the filing that Cheney authorized Libby to leak Plame's identity, and Bush is not accused of doing anything illegal.

Fitzgerald's aim with the filing was to counter Libby's defense that he innocently forgot about conversations he may have had with reporters about Plame by showing that the White House's concern about the war criticism was so consuming it would be difficult to forget.

Back