Liberals cheat to win ...

jimpeel

or lose.

In this case, however, the guy will likely end up in jail for theft of intellectual property through conspiracy, fraud, mail fraud, and impersonation.

They will use any means to keep the lie of Global Warming alive -- lie, cheat, steal, you name it.

Note that the HuffPo has closed comments to this story at their site. They know that even their most fervent members would not accept this type of behavior.

SOURCE

Guilty: Gleick admits to Heartland deception
Posted on February 20, 2012 by Steve Milloy

He did it for the planet. The Pacific Institute’s Peter Gleick has admitted to using deception to obtain the Heartland Institute documents involved in “Deniergate.”

Below is Gleick’s confession, as posted on Huffington Post.

###

The Origin of the Heartland Documents
By Peter Gleick,
February 20, 2012, Huffington Post

Since the release in mid-February of a series of documents related to the internal strategy of the Heartland Institute to cast doubt on climate science, there has been extensive speculation about the origin of the documents and intense discussion about what they reveal. Given the need for reliance on facts in the public climate debate, I am issuing the following statement.

At the beginning of 2012, I received an anonymous document in the mail describing what appeared to be details of the Heartland Institute’s climate program strategy. It contained information about their funders and the Institute’s apparent efforts to muddy public understanding about climate science and policy. I do not know the source of that original document but assumed it was sent to me because of my past exchanges with Heartland and because I was named in it.

Given the potential impact however, I attempted to confirm the accuracy of the information in this document. In an effort to do so, and in a serious lapse of my own and professional judgment and ethics, I solicited and received additional materials directly from the Heartland Institute under someone else’s name. The materials the Heartland Institute sent to me confirmed many of the facts in the original document, including especially their 2012 fundraising strategy and budget. I forwarded, anonymously, the documents I had received to a set of journalists and experts working on climate issues. I can explicitly confirm, as can the Heartland Institute, that the documents they emailed to me are identical to the documents that have been made public. I made no changes or alterations of any kind to any of the Heartland Institute documents or to the original anonymous communication.

I will not comment on the substance or implications of the materials; others have and are doing so. I only note that the scientific understanding of the reality and risks of climate change is strong, compelling, and increasingly disturbing, and a rational public debate is desperately needed. My judgment was blinded by my frustration with the ongoing efforts — often anonymous, well-funded, and coordinated — to attack climate science and scientists and prevent this debate, and by the lack of transparency of the organizations involved. Nevertheless I deeply regret my own actions in this case. I offer my personal apologies to all those affected.

Peter Gleick

There is no such thing as man-made global warming but it is nearly a religion to some of these folks. No matter what evidence has been presented to refute their claims, they still believe.

There is no such thing as man-made global warming but it is nearly a religion to some of these folks. No matter what evidence has been presented to refute their claims, they still believe.

sounds like you have an equally irrational faith. you would never believe that we have anything to do with global warming, regardless of the swirling mass of research that suggests it, or any further research that represents a viewpoint you don't like.

you may disagree strongly with the specific views of liberals, but with respect to affect and a foundational orthodoxy, y'all musta gone to the same clown college.

Perhaps if you look into it, you'd also find that suggestions don't make reality.

we couldn't change the climate if we wanted too

wow what was that?
an attempt to defend the climate change crowd?
as any sane person can see
the whole global warming thing is an attempt to extort money

That is all...

yes gonz suggest is exactly that. many large scientific questions are not going to be answered in an absolute sense anytime soon, if ever. that's why we have these people called scientists engaged in the practice of science.

idiots on both sides take polarized views driven by ideology and faith. anyone who thinks they got the lock "reality" in such matters is an ignorant, childish, asshole.

The advantage those foolish liberals have over you minx, is they actually believe in something. It may be wrong, it may be dumb, but they believe in more than shifting winds, hope & change.

i thought liberals believed in hope and change. whatever. your mistaking my recognition of stupidity among two groups of irrational zealots for a lack of, what, my own rigid orthodoxy? yes gonz, brilliant...

it smells like dummie in here.

right. again it's a matter of me not buying in to your bullshit or the moronic inverse of it. the universe is not orthogonal. there are more than two axes.

Back