License Plate

greenfreak

... on a portable toilet truck:

9994471.jpg

:laugh:

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-licenseplate-gallery,0,1779207.photogallery?coll=ny-linews-utility&index=31

New York lets you have 8 characters on the license plates? In california it's limited to 7.

They really squeeze em in there, don't they? They have all these purty vanity plates for sports teams and such but they really pissed me off last year when they forced everyone to change to the new blue and white plate like that one above. It used to have the Statue of Liberty in the middle. And they made us change our plate number *and* pay for the mandatory change. Bastards.

Maryland issued a new Chesapeake Bay license plate a few days ago

Out with the old, and...

in with the new!

They charge you $101 to renew your tags if you want the new plate....$20 charge for it. I don't mind it since all the money spent on the new tags go to saving the bay.

Not like it can be saved, but it's alright to be optimistic...

I do like the dramatic difference in those plates. I'm sure sometime soon, unless they have already, a nice American themed plate will come out for NY.

I'm glad California doesn't try to pull that crap. My 1962 Fairlane still has the original black plates with yellow letters. The plates have changed design four times since then.

Inkara1 said:
I'm glad California doesn't try to pull that crap. My 1962 Fairlane still has the original black plates with yellow letters. The plates have changed design four times since then.

So they're not historic tags? I know here in MD when you get historic tags sometimes they don't even have to be renewed.

You can get "historical vehicle" plates. I'm not sure why mine doesn't have them, whether it doesn't qualify or if it does and we just renew it every year.

I did a quick internet search on the subject and the only reason why my car might not qualify is because it actually gets driven on the street other than in parades or car shows.

Back