Living with a pedantic admin

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
(she helped me spell pedantic)

I get modded AS I type, and spell checked.

And grammar checked.

And capitalization checked.

And I know a sentence should not start with and.

And she interrupted me to correct my spelling of sentence.

And interrupted.

All I wanted was to give inky karma!!!!!!

(and yes i spelt inky inky without a capital...this sentance is my rebelism)

oh, and where. as in where where you.

paul_valaru said:
And I know a sentence should not start with and.

[pedanticman]Technically, that's not a sentence. It's a fragment.[/pedanticman]

Really, though, for an educated man, you have some of the worst spelling and grammar I've ever encountered. Is it the typing, or are you just this way?

Did I mention that I grew up with a 7th-grade english/grammar teacher for a Mom? :D

HomeLAN said:
paul_valaruAnd I know a sentence should not start with and.[/QUOTE said:
[pedanticman]Technically, that's not a sentence. It's a fragment.[/pedanticman]

Really, though, for an educated man, you have some of the worst spelling and grammar I've ever encountered. Is it the typing, or are you just this way?

Did I mention that I grew up with a 7th-grade english/grammar teacher for a Mom? :D

Before spellcheck I used to actually be an excellent speller, then I got lazy. I do plan to make a better effort to use correct spelling and grammar, but sometimes it is just being lazy. The were where thing I have struggled with for a long time.

The Google toolbar is the only one I allow on my machine. and it comes built-in on IE7. Ive grown to depend on it... :lol2:

I thought about trying it once, but I thought I'd wait and let other people
beta test it more.
I also wanted to see how the lawsuit came out with the gov. :alienhuh:

paul_valaru said:
All I wanted was to give inky karma!!!!!!

(and yes i spelt inky inky without a capital...this sentance is my rebelism)

oh, and where. as in where where you.

You were also rebelling when you misspelled sentence, weren'tcha? :lloyd:

*thanks the heathen gods that safari comes with an in-built spell-checker.

unclehobart said:
He doesn't have to spell well since he has model features. He can skate by by being on his back.
It's not as easy as all that. First you have to take care of the hair, not too much mousse or hair spray, just the right amount of gel to keep it moist but not greasy looking. Then the skin care products. Do you realize the hell in trying to keep zits off your face while also keeping it moistuerized and supple? It's not easy being beautiful.

I can't even blame spellcheck for my current inability to spell properly. It's just the typing too fast bug in my case. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

PT said:
It's not as easy as all that. First you have to take care of the hair, not too much mousse or hair spray, just the right amount of gel to keep it moist but not greasy looking. Then the skin care products. Do you realize the hell in trying to keep zits off your face while also keeping it moistuerized and supple? It's not easy being beautiful.
But see, all he has to know is how to use all that stuff... or how to get others to use it on him. He doesn't need to spell any of it.

PT said:
Ah! Someone that feels my pain!........okay, so not really...but let me have my fantasies.....

Back