Look, a news story about a non-fanatic muslim

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Muslim student's aid in New York City subway attack leads to interfaith friendship

A suspected bias attack on four Jewish subway riders has resulted in a friendship between the Jewish victims and the Muslim college student who came to their aid.

Walter Adler is calling Hassan Askari a hero for intervening when Adler and three friends were assaulted on a subway train in lower Manhattan on Friday night.

The altercation erupted when Adler and his friends said "Happy Chanukah" to a group yelling "Merry Christmas" on the Brooklyn-bound train.

The 20-year-old Askari said he tried to fight off the 10 attackers, giving Adler a chance to summon police by pulling an emergency brake.

"I did what I thought was right," said Askari, a student at Berkeley College in Manhattan, who was allegedly punched and beaten. "I did the best that I could to help."

Eight men and two women have pleaded not guilty to assault, menacing and other charges in the case. Prosecutors have said the charges could be upgraded to hate crimes.

"That a random Muslim kid helped some Jewish kids, that's what's positive about New York," said Adler, 23, who suffered a broken nose and a lip wound.

link

But here's the thing.

Would this have even been a news item if the student had NOT been a Muslim? How many headlines do you see proclaiming Christian Student's Aid In Subway Attack Leads to Tolerence From Friends Of Other Faiths?

Nice story.

Too bad the morons decided not to accept Happy Chanukah.

obviously a fabrication. or that guy was just using the incident to help build cover while he's accumulating ammonium nitrate a la tim mcveigh, er wait, white christians don;t do that shit. now i done fucked it up. mom?

That's what you get out of it anyway.

Brilliant deduction, Dr. Freud. For your next amazing feat...

You know I'm right, you just don't like the fact that I'm right. Which is rather odd. Given your predelictions, I'd think that fact would suit you just fine.

Brilliant deduction, Dr. Freud. For your next amazing feat...

You know I'm right, you just don't like the fact that I'm right. Which is rather odd. Given your predelictions, I'd think that fact would suit you just fine.

You missed my point. Rather than finding it interesting that traditional enemies might work together, you chose to be offended by something that really had nothing to do with the story presented. Not particularly surprising in my view but that is what you got out of it. I was certain you wouldn't be the only one. :shrug:

BTW, Freud was a quack.

I chose him for a reason...

Pointing out spin makes me offended? I thought you saw deeper than that. On most other topics you manage to.

right, freud was a quack.

but he did take what was formerly the domain of the religious institution and bring it into the arena of rational consideration. hmmm. kinda a big deal.

nah, fuck it, just go fess to the local priest. he prolly knows more about phallic obsession than freud anyhoo.

hmmm. those duck feet seem to be receding.

only i'm goofing off and you seriously think muslims are all a bunch of seething wannabe bombers.

yeah. just a bit of difference there.

It's good to see our intelligensia fits the mold of the typical college professor. Unable to distinguish between observed patterns & hype. One may not be able to intelligently disagree with the general consesus (hey, there's that word again) unless one is forced to conclude that all fit the bill. Remember, all discrimnation is bad.

it was a paraphrase of your 786,000 posts about "peaceful" muslims. you and i both know what you think of 'em, so lets not play games with it, okay, slick willie?

I need to get ahold of sam...my post count shows just over 9000...weird.

So, what do I think of Pakistani carpet merchants, oh wise and all-seeing one?

Back