Look what I got!

Aunty Em

Yep, I've finally got the computer case I really wanted... the Thermaltake Xaser III Supertower with window... I have a Gothic window applique on the way but have to wait a few days till they have a Barton 2500+ in stock.

xaser.jpg

Stats:

http://www.thermaltake.com/xaserCase/xaser3/v1000a.htm

Woohoo!

I got my Barton 2500+ this morning! :dance:

I'm going to ba a very busy little bee tomorrow... :D

Aunty Em said:
Woohoo!

I got my Barton 2500+ this morning! :dance:

I'm going to ba a very busy little bee tomorrow... :D

I'm building a system too aunty with a barton 2500+... did you look for the one that isn't locked or did you just purchase it not knowing/caring? If you got one that is locked let me know what kind of overclockability is in that chip I'd be very interested!

drkavnger99 said:
I'm building a system too aunty with a barton 2500+... did you look for the one that isn't locked or did you just purchase it not knowing/caring? If you got one that is locked let me know what kind of overclockability is in that chip I'd be very interested!

I bought what was available... hopefully it will overclock some.

Well, it's finally all together... I haven't wired up the hardcano or heatprobe yet... just connected all the fans so that they will work... I hope this PSU is powerful enough but it is the recommended one... I've had to slave the fans together, 2 on each connection. At the moment it looks like spagetti juction in there but I'm intent on getting it working for now... I'll tidy it up and make it look pretty at a later date. You can't really see a great deal through the side window anyway as the bracket that holds the 2 sidefans covers some of it and the window etching most of the rest... basically it's just going to be a ghostly glow from inside. Also this board is very small it only takes 7 standoffs to secure it to the case. It's about an inch wider than the length of the graphics card and I can put my clenched fist between the heatsink and the PSU.

I'm going to slave the HDD to this one and format the drive since I haven't done it yet, but I'll do that after dinner. As I'm tired I may not start her up till the morning, but then again I'll see how I feel after dinner.

I've had to connect the HDD to IDE2 and the Optical drives to IDE1 as the cables are not long enough to do it the other way around... I hope that doesn't cause a problem.

Back