Look what just parked in front of my window...

Jeslek

Banned
I'm at worked and this dude rolled in:

http://carpoint.msn.com/vip/newoverview.aspx?make=Dodge&model=Viper

It has the 24 inch (59 cm) wheels too! Fastest car in the world in terms of acceleration and braking. 0-100-0 (0-160 kph-0) in under 14 seconds. Can brake from 100 mph (160 kph) to 0 in 30 meters. Good American engineering :D :p

c440251a.jpg
c437538a.jpg

I used to work for a company that sold cars to Military personnel and this one customer of mine bought a brand new fire engine red Mustang, an Explorer in the same color, and a blue Viper with White Racing stripes. The Viper alone cost $72,000 (this was back in 97), and the two Fords cost about $60k. Get this one... He paid CASH for all of them.

I used to talk to him about every two weeks on the progress of the cars being built and he promised he would send me a picture of him with his three new cars... But he never did. :(

OMG! A Dodge Viper! That car is sooooo cool... still my favorite :)

I like the blue version more though...

LastLegionary said:
I'm at worked and this dude rolled in:

http://carpoint.msn.com/vip/newoverview.aspx?make=Dodge&model=Viper

It has the 24 inch (59 cm) wheels too! Fastest car in the world in terms of acceleration and braking. 0-100-0 (0-160 kph-0) in under 14 seconds. Can brake from 100 mph (160 kph) to 0 in 30 meters. Good American engineering :D :p

Fastest American made car maybe
Fastest mass produced maybe .
Fastest Production CAR NOT

mac044s.jpg

Mclaren F1 0-100mph-0 in 11.5sec at a distance of 828.4ft

You even get a set of gold tools with the McLaren F1. That thing's got a modem built-in and monitors itself, you'll get a call from the factory long before it breaks down :sick:

...the only thing that bothers me is it's price tag...

isn't about 700grand or somehting? mental amount of money :D

and it wins just about everyhting on track as well, or did for a while.

nothing like a bit of inflation ;)

imagine the insurance on that thing :eek:

hehehe, 23yo male living inner city, no no claims bonus, no previous insurance, parked on street...

lol, my insurers won't let me type a million for vehicle value at their on-line quote service. hehehe, i want to know how bad my premium would be :D

Um OK, let me rephrase that, the Dodge Viper is the fastest 50-state street legal car. The challenge has a requirement that it must be a legal car in all 50 states. The McLaren F1 is a 48-state car. You cannot drive it in California (primarily because of emission laws).

And not to mention, if it takes McLaren $750,000+ to beat a $80,000 American car, well, sucks to them.

i'm pretty sure tvr's would come close and they are waaaaaaaaay cheaper, but i'm not a petrol head so i have idea what its specs and stuff are.

My Dodge truck beats all of that. It goes from 0-100 in 4 seconds and then to 0 instantly. I just have to figure out what cliff to push it off of to achieve 100 right as it hits the ground.

Back