Lookin' For a House.........

75renegade

A highly emotional experience, to say the least..........

My fiance' an' me 'ave been lookin' for some time now......even found another one this past week, in our price-range, an' in the area we wanna be...............(jus' dreamin' I guess)

(Found) 3+ acres, 5 B.R. 1 Bath Farmhouse w/ barn on rural lot, 2800 sq. ft., etc.

All good, 'til we went inside...........no workin' mechanicals, (IE: furace, water, holes in roof, puddles on all floors, the smell, etc)........

Notes to selves, "Well beyond, potential".........

Jus' keep searchin' for the "right" place, holdin' to faith in our "Provider"...........

Dang we're impatient!..........yet not willin' to jump into THAT kinda "fire"...............jeez!:rolleyes:

too bad you cant afford to tear the old house down and build something to your liking. 3+ acres is nice.

Actually, it turned out that the place has no workin' furnace, well, or electrical.

It also has holes in the roof which left puddles of water in very corners, inside.

And, Oh the smell:eek:

Shouldn't be suprised I guess, "if it seems to good to be true, it probably is", an' it was!:rolleyes:

Oh well, still shoppin':)

When i used to work real estate/electrical there was houses that were uh... STINK, seems like the previous tenants (mostly kosovan, Albanian or some other refugees) decided since they were leaving that they did'nt have to follow the code of normal human behaviour and use the provided rest room facilities :sick:

SIOUX said:
Ahh a fixer upper

Sounds more like a rebuilder upper. :D

All kidding aside, 75, before you plunk down your hard-earned cash for a downpayment, hire a house inspector. Preferably one with references. Even a solid-looking house can have large problems that you wouldn't notice. Other than that, I'd agree with Spot. Find some good land, and have a house built for you.

Gato_Solo said:
SIOUX said:
Ahh a fixer upper

Sounds more like a rebuilder upper. :D

All kidding aside, 75, before you plunk down your hard-earned cash for a downpayment, hire a house inspector. Preferably one with references. Even a solid-looking house can have large problems that you wouldn't notice. Other than that, I'd agree with Spot. Find some good land, and have a house built for you.

I agree with ya Gato, that looks can be deceivin'!

In this case, we knew, before we went to look at that house, that it had failed previous inspections. It was our hope that we could at least live in it, while attemptin' to restore it.

Jus' dreamin' I guess. What sold us on the whole concept was the wonderful location, an' the 3 acres.

Findin' our 1st house with a modest budget of 50-60K, yet with the needs a family our size, is indeed a difficult, but not impossible challenge.

Thanks all, for the well-wishes! I'm learnin' a lot of patience, as we work through the process.:)

Back