Looking at a new camera

Inkara1

Anyone have any experience with Sony? I'm looking at getting this camera.

I found a review on it that showed some good full-size images. That site also had an old review of my current camera, a Kodak EasyShare CX6330. Having the ability to look at identical shots helps a lot. The Kodak tends to make pictures look like Van Gogh-style paintings at full size, and that's a very bad thing. It drives me nuts. The Sony looks like it gets rid of that paint effect pretty well. I'd also looked at the Canon EOS Digital Rebel SLR camera, which had some great shots... but would be about triple the price. The shots aren't 3 times as good for my use... and the Sony will fit in my pocket. The picture quality of the Sony looks pretty similar to the old Canon PowerShot S30 I had that took great pictures until the day it started hating light. I miss that camera.

Good news for me, too... I thought my card reader was for SD cards only. It turns out it's a 5-in-1, so I won't need to get a new card reader even though I would be going from SD cards to memory sticks. I love having a card reader because it makes things quicker for taking one shot, getting it on the computer and then posting it for all to see at OTC.

I'm pretty well sold on this camera... but any objectors, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Speaking from personal experience, I'll never buy any other camera other than Olympus when it comes to digital cameras.

Hubby has it. Brings it around to rub in my face at times. He likes it.

It seems ok, the quality seems good. Only thing I noticed with it is most indoor pictures for some reason have red-eye. It could be his lack of skill though. Pictures are wonderfully detailed though, they show every fingerprint on the walls. Indoor video is decent, if a mite not sharp enough.

Well, they were out of the P100 at Best Buy so I got the W1 instead. It's not quite as thin, but it appears to have the same lens/CCD combo, it has a bigger screen and it uses rechargeable AA batteries instead of the proprietary "infolithium" battery. The major upside is that if the batteries die while I'm on a vacation or something, I can grab a pair of alkaline AAs to get me through the rest of the day.

I love Canon, don't think I'd ever go any other way. I'm gettin' an itching for one of the new Canon Powershots but there's nothing wrong with my 2 year old A40 so I'll stick with it so awhile I guess...

I have a card reader that Prof gave me :D

But I didn't know he gave it to me...

So it's in Montreal...

I should get it when I go there in March :D (Provided Nat and Paul still wanna meet me for some yummy beverages :D)

Yeah, he's a little overweight... but he really seems to like me. So I pass the kitty test... that's a good thing, right?

Inkara1 said:
but he really seems to like me.

Probably hoping you'll introduce him to Tigger ,Tiggers a girl right (they bounce
bouncy.gif
).

Back