looking for notebook parts

Kruz

I have an old Compaq Presario 1245 notebook, and I'm looking for a hard drive (larger than 3.2g). ram (128mb 144pin sdram has to be pc100) there is a 128 kingston 133 in there now, but it only regesters 96mb for some unknown reason, maybe it needs pc100 like the specs say?.
battery is weak and will need replacment soon.. if anyone has something please let me know. (I'm going to give this to my wife for her birthday next month) :)

no thats not it... it has 32mb onboard ram, and 128mb in the upgrade slot for the max of 160 for this model.. the video is a 2mb card. not shared memory.
it should be reading 160mb but it only sees 96... both in the bios, windows, and using Memtest86..

Kruz said:
no thats not it... it has 32mb onboard ram, and 128mb in the upgrade slot for the max of 160 for this model.. the video is a 2mb card. not shared memory.
it should be reading 160mb but it only sees 96... both in the bios, windows, and using Memtest86..

32+64 = 96, so the problem must be the 128MB dimm, perhaps it has a higher density than the allowed for that motherboard, hence it only reads half of it.

While I can't find the actual doc. on it. I'll wager that it simply doesn't recognise more tha 64M per slot. the HP website doesn't have much on it, but I'll dig further. But I know that contemporary compaqs had a damn low memory cap.

thats what I'm thinking, the new stick is Kingston"KVR133X64SC3/128"
I'm hoping someone has an older pc100 stick they would be willing to trade for....

Back