LOTR: ROTK extended edition

Saturday night. Get invited to dinner. We go. Spend an early evening feasting on ham. Pleasant enough but it's an early night. We get home in time to (finally) watch the extended version. Take the dog out, microwave some popcorn, get settled in....

Wow, there is a bunch of new stuff...like the previous, well worth the added expense for the additional scenes.....Oh fuck "intermission-time to put in disc 2.*

That doesn't say part two

Neither does that.

Nor that...wtf?!?!?!?!

Her, let's see if Disc 5 is it...

Nope.

How about this disc 5?

that's the same as the other one isn't it?

Disc 6 perhaps....
No....now goddamnit, what the.....

*look online @ Best Buy dot com to see what their Saturday holiday hours are....COOL!!! They're open until 11. We have 1/2 hour.

The BB woman had no idea what I was talking about...she opened another & whoila! PART 2.

The Fellowship extended had Part 1 & 2.
Teh Two Towers had 3 & 4, so naturally Return of the King (if you pay attention to this sort of sophistry), had 5 & 6.

:50 extra minutes. Fills in some gaps. Worth it (as were the previous)

I did a good deal of Christmas shopping the day it was released. I was in my local Wal Mart at 7 am and immediately declared a self-christmas and snagged a copy. I watch the whole thing before lunch whilst wrapping presents.

Yeah, the extended version was pretty good. I watched it and the other two movies with my friends last weekend during a 9-hour LOTR marathon. Fun. :)

Kawaii said:
Yeah, the extended version was pretty good. I watched it and the other two movies with my friends last weekend during a 9-hour LOTR marathon. Fun. :)

If you had watched all 3 extended movies it'd have been close to 12 hours :eek13:

Back