Lunar eclipse

Guess i'm not north enough.....there will be daylight for at least 2 or 3 more hours.

For those in the UK tis about 1am........don't panic if yer miss it tho'...we're due to have another couple next year.

Not bad, hob. I just came in. Couldn't get it toshow in my viewfinder. Too much ambient light here.

My camera has a nightscape function that rapidly overlays like 12 photos on top of each other. You can see that slight jittery ghosting effect as I make the camera do a 2mm wiggle just from my finger depressing the button even though it was tripoded and braced rather hard. X12 over zoom will do that.

I've been freezing my ass off outside with the telescope and the camera. Figures, the temps plummeted today-it's in the low 30's right now. I'm just waiting for it to go red so I can get some good shots. I also have this cool program called "Starry night Backyard" that I'm tracking it with also.

UPDATE:AlladinSane can see it ;)

On second look, it's actually only fully visible for the eastern third of N.A., W Europe gets an eyeful too

It's coming out of the eclipse and getting brighter now in the lower edge. Didn't really go that red, oh well. It was nice talking to the neighbors, drinking hot cocoa, watching it.

There is a full solar eclipse on 11/23 but it's at 10:49pm my time! Somehow, I don't think I'll be seeing the sun at that hour. :)

The next solar eclipse is 4/19 at 1:34pm but it's just a partial. The next full solar eclipse is 3/26/2006! This program is so awesome. It will even integrate with SETI so you know what your computer is crunching on.

Back