Make 'em a deal they can't refuse...

Squiggy

ThunderDick
He's only looking for 750K/episode...

Gandolfini Fights For Better Deal

Mar 07, 2003 (WENN via COMTEX) -- SOPRANOS star JAMES GANDOLFINI is so angry with network bosses at HBO over a pay dispute- he's threatening to boycott the next series of the hit show.

The actor - who plays mob boss TONY SOPRANO in the EMMY-award winning show - claims HBO missed a deadline for telling him he would be needed for the fifth season, which is due to begin filming on 24 March (03), and he has filed a complaint to Los Angeles Superior Court claiming HBO breached his contract and violated California labour laws.

Story

Damn.... Can't link to it. I'm sure its on everyone's Entertainment page. sorry...:retard:

Sopranos is a great show. Well cast and acted. Jersey mob stuff in a realistic way. I can't believe Gandolfi was only getting 400K/episode. Ray Romano gets 800K/episode. Gandolfi plays the mob boss and the show is built around him...

Its an awesome show, watching all 4 seasons is a must! The shows built up mostly around Tony, doubt they'd get good ratings if he was not in it.

Well, if he's not on it, I guess we can expect a whacking in the first episode, eh?

HBO's Contract on Tony

HBO yesterday publicly rebuked its biggest star, James Gandolfini of "The Sopranos," as their money battle erupted into open warfare.

The increasingly heated feud - which next moves to a California courtroom - is even putting the future of HBO's franchise series in doubt.

The cable channel is irate over a lawsuit brought Thursday by Gandolfini in Los Angeles Superior Court in which the actor alleges he has no obligation under his current contract to appear for work when the fifth season of the show starts production March 24.

Yesterday, in a rare public expression of corporate outrage, HBO issued a statement characterizing Gandolfini's actions as "destructive to the show."

"We were involved in good-faith discussions with James Gandolfini," said the statement from HBO chairman and CEO Chris Albrecht.

"To have him now act in a manner so destructive to the show and the lives of the people involved is shocking and disappointing," the statement said.

Gandolfini is the show's lone holdout. All the other principal members - including recent holdouts Edie Falco, Lorraine Bracco, Dominic Chianese and Steven Van Zandt - have reached agreements on new contracts and plan on returning to work March 24.

Their jobs - and the show's future - depend on Gandolfini showing up for work.

Yesterday, Gandolfini's lawyer insisted the pot-bellied actor has not said he won't appear for work - with or without a contract.

But if a judge agrees with the way Gandolfini's contract is interpreted in his lawsuit, then the actor could be free to seek employment elsewhere.

"It's conceivable [that negotiations could then begin on a brand-new "Sopranos" contract] or it's conceivable he'll be a free agent and go somewhere else," said Marty Singer, the Los Angeles attorney representing the actor in the lawsuit.

Singer also fired back at HBO. "I'm surprised to see that they would make negative and derogatory statements about the star of their franchise show who's helped make HBO the most profitable network out there," Singer said.

Money is at the heart of the dispute. Gandolfini makes an estimated $400,000 per episode for "The Sopranos." Sources say he wants to earn at least twice that in the coming season.

Poor bastard. Makes me wanna see him killed off. And I'm not talking on the show. Fucking primadonas. Who does he think he is, a hockey player?

:D Thats low compared to other stars. Like I said, Ray Romano gets twice that for "Everybody Loves Raymond"...

Back