Making a bong out of only fruit.

MuFu

You reckon this can be done? It's one of the, err... "projects" my mate has embarked on this summer. :D

See, I reckon obviously you are going to need a mahoosive fruit for the chamber - a watermelon, or at least a melon of some kind otherwise you ain't going to get a decent hit in one go (maybe a coconut, although you'd have to drill it and that could be tricky). You could cut another melon in half, make a crater in the round side and use that as a stand to avoid accidental "bonged-carpet". Then I guess you could either just make a hole to toke from (and a carb), or fashion a sweet-as mouthpiece out of something. A small guava would be cool, I reckon, as they are easy to carve into funky shapes. The stem is tricky - an obvious candidate would be cucumber, but the cucumber-watermelon interface needs some thought, as does the actual hollowing out of the cucumber itself. You'd have to push it through really carefully to keep the seal. If that doesn't work then you could cheat and use fruit-flavoured gum to seal it. ;) As for the bowl - hmm... tricky. It'd have to be some kind of dried gourd or something - are they fruits? I dunno... maybe you could get away with more guava if you dried it out.

Anyway... between the watermelon and the cucumber I reckon you'd get quite a bit of lushness anyway - maybe no need for water (?). Could even put the fruit in the freezer first.. that'd be really sweet. :cool:

Sorry... been up all night (it's now 8:20am) and my mind is wandering. :headbang:

*suddenly has an idea involving use of cocunut with milk still in it*

Edit - Oh no... coconut milk is fatty, isn't it? That won't work. Back to watermelons...

It can be done, not sure what the coconut flavoring would do, but it'd be worth a shot. The watermelon sounds particularly fascinating to me, don't hollow it all the way out, got munch food when you're done.

PuterTutor said:
It can be done, not sure what the coconut flavoring would do, but it'd be worth a shot. The watermelon sounds particularly fascinating to me, don't hollow it all the way out, got munch food when you're done.

You think we should eat the watermelon afterwards?! :sick:

I like that pumpkin idea, ris. A bit of a "Halloween Special" though. It can wait. ;)

Back