Malted

greenfreak

If you worked at, say, an ice cream store... and someone walked in and asked you for a Chocolate Malted... would you know what that was? Have you heard of this? Do you know what makes it a Malted?

(leslie, you're not allowed to answer. :p )

Then I don't know. Maybe it contains malted milk? Or hm, can you let ice cream malt in some form?

Chocolate Malted:

Chocolate Ice Cream + Milk + Malted Milk blended till smooth = Chocolate Malted

The freakin idiots over at TCBY don't know what to call it. They make malts (basically shakes with malted milk) with either ice cream or frozen yogurt.

Problem #1: They also have a frozen yogurt flavor called "Chocolate Malt"
Problem #2: The name of what I want on their sign is "Moo Malt"
Problem #3: The employees can't read the sign
Problem #4: I get a different person every time and have to explain it over and over.

I've gotten to the point where I just tell them how to make it. After I explain it, I ask them what *they* would call it. They never have an answer. :grumpy:

no one around here makes real malteds anymore .. there used to be this one ice cream parlor - it was an old one - they made real vanilla cokes and real french fries ... but they've long since closed down. :(

I had a guava smoothie today though at lunch .. and ku'u had a mango ... YUMMY!

wow ... egg cremes .. that takes me back :)

They didn't have it but my dad used to always ask for it whenever we went out to eat. I never did learn what that was ... what is it?

Makes 1 serving

1/3 cup whole milk
1 cup seltzer
2 tablespoons Fox's U-Bet chocolate syrup

Pour milk into a tall soda glass. Add seltzer to milk while stirring vigorously with a long spoon. The head should rise just to the top of the glass. Drizzle in syrup, stirring with small wrist motions to leave the head undisturbed. The resulting drink should have a dark brown bottom and a pure white foam, about one inch high, on top.

Fox's U-Bet syrup was a staple in my house growing up. Funny that it's that specific.

wow .. I've never even heard of that chocolate syrup before *L*

It's nestle quik out here ... ovaltine is just very no ....

that's probably why my dad never had it - cause no one made it the way he wanted :D

Back