Martial arts

Jeslek

Banned
Hm, I've done some wrestling when I was younger (not WWF crap), but never martial arts. Is 19/20 too old to start Taik Won Do? Or some other martial arts? I'd love to work on that a bit, but am worried I'm too old to start.

My uncle started Tae Kwon Do when he was like 20 I think. He is now like a 5th degree black belt or something (he is about mid 30s now i think)

BTW, it is now OFFICIALLY WWE

LL, my boyfriend is a blue belt in Tae Kwon Do and started at the same age you are. I don't think it's something you have to start when you're younger. There's a spirituality and grace to Tae Kwon Do that many other martial arts don't focus on. Rusty's favorite part was sparring with other people but he always wound up aching later. Two words of advice... Try to 'limber up' and exercise a little before you join. And make sure you have tons of Tiger Balm. (I hope you can get it where you are!)

:D

Never did Tae Kwon Do, got a green belt in karate though :headbang:

(although it's been too long since I lasted trained, I'm getting slow again)

Nope, you're not too old at all; maybe just a few muscular flexibility sessions and you should gain alot more dexterity/agility. I don't do martial arts but I took the flex course and it helped very much, up to everyday tasks. I knew 25+ years people that began to do martial arts, some of them only needed to get up in shape.

My bro' in law started when he was 35, he's 44 and a 3rd degree black belt :headbang:

I was 27 when I started - got to blue and quit.

Ah hm, I'm pretty fast and flexible, but not small enough for Judo. I am training a bit. I'm not strong really and do not have a lot of stamina and constitution at this point either. Might be interesting :)

I've got a Black belt in Tae Kwon Do, and a Green belt in Jute' ( A milder form of Judo) . I started the Tae Kwon Do when I was 14, and the Jute' a couple years ago. Great for exercise, self confidence, and to really surprise an asshole from time to time.

I'm going to start Kung Fu traning with my daughter when she turns 5 or 6. I'm pretty sure i can handle everything except maybe the running on gravel with my bare feet(some people do that here). I'm too accustomed to my Combat Boots.

HeXp£Øi± said:
I'm going to start Kung Fu traning with my daughter when she turns 5 or 6. I'm pretty sure i can handle everything except maybe the running on gravel with my bair feet(some people do that here). I'm too accustomed to my Combat Boots.
Hm, sounds interesting. I'm actually used to go more bare foot than with shoes.

I put my daughter into karate last year. She's got her blue belt now, working on her yellow. I'd love to get into it myself, but there's no way I could make the classes.

Professur said:
She's got her blue belt now, working on her yellow.

eh :confuse3:

So she's got blue, and yellow is higher? What's the order of belts there? As far as I can remember, yellow is definitely not higher... at least not here...

It was something like: white, yellow, orange, green, blue 1-2, brown 1-3, black 1-5 and then you'll start over again but with one black 'dam' (I think that's what they call it here).

I broke my arm when I was about to go for blue, spend 12 weeks recovering, another 6 weeks before I returned to doing karate and by then I got lazy, slow and weak, I didn't enjoy it at all anymore and I quit...

Her mother takes her, so I don't know the details of the belts, but she started white, went to orange, then blue, and her next one is yellow. No clue what's after that.

Back