Math Question

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Ok Les asked a question in the shout bax, and I shouted back I pmed her the answer, but due to the outpouring of PMs (one actually)

I shall post the question, and answer.

Ally is putting up a border where the walls meet the ceiling of a room. She has a 20m roll of wallpaper border. Both room A and room B have ceiling areas of 24m^2. The roll of border is enough for one room, but not the other What could be the dimensions of the rooms?"

the room the border fits into is 4 x 6

the room it doesn't can be 2 x 12

24m^2 is the area, the way of figuring area is width x length

so 4 x 6 is 24 ^2

and the border is the circomfrance to 4 + 4 + 6 + 6 =20M enough border.

but if its 2x12 (also 24m^2) it's 2 + 2 +12 + 12 = 28m not enough border

I excel a grade 5 math

I'm still stuck in grade 2 when it comes to spelling :crying4:

put the metric measurements in order, starting with the shortest :lloyd:

.8m 880mm 9m 89cm 98mm

most of em were using a ruler so i can't replicate them here...this is a quickie calculator jobbie -

Julia jogs around a park with the following dimensions: 74m, 23m, 92m and 31m. How far did Julia jog if she jogged around the park three times?

got a good health test here too I might have failed :alienhuh:

PuterTutor said:
I love those little math anomolies. Give me more. :swing:

1.)if 2 trains leave montreal going to vancouver on the same day same time, and assuming it's 2,000 km to vancouver one train goes for 8 hours a day at 140km/hour, and the other goes for 14 hours a day at 80km/hour, which will reach vancouver first, and in how long.

2.)same problem, except tehy are going 5,000kms away

Leslie said:

.8m 880mm 9m 89cm 98mm

most of em were using a ruler so i can't replicate them here...this is a quickie calculator jobbie -

Julia jogs around a park with the following dimensions: 74m, 23m, 92m and 31m. How far did Julia jog if she jogged around the park three times?

ouchies ok 98mm .8m 880mm 89 cm 9m

660m

The question - "What is the purpose of the nervous system in the body"

Zach's answer - "The purpose of the nervous system is so that you can feel stuff. The brain is part of the nervous system and controls your body. Without it you would be as dead of a doorknob. :lol2:

he only got 1/3 on that one :eek6:

The train going 140kmh will get there first on both trips. They both travel 1120 km per day, but since the train going 140 does that 1120 in 8 hours, it gets there first.

Leslie said:

.8m 880mm 9m 89cm 98mm

98mm / .8m / 880 mm / 89cm / 9m

Julia jogged 6.6KM <-------- ja jou fokken aap, daar is mos net 100 meter in a kilometer :rolleyes: - probeer bietjie 660m fokneut.

PuterTutor said:
The train going 140kmh will get there first on both trips. They both travel 1120 km per day, but since the train going 140 does that 1120 in 8 hours, it gets there first.

you sure? cause I was making it up, and I really don't want to figure it out for myself. :D

Leslie said:

Zach's answer - "The purpose of the nervous system is so that you can feel stuff. The brain is part of the nervous system and controls your body. Without it you would be as dead of a doorknob. :lol2:

1/3 huh? I guess the teacher has a problem with is nervous system, eh?

Leslie said:

He should have said dead as a doornail ;)

paul_valaru said:
you sure? cause I was making it up, and I really don't want to figure it out for myself. :D
Make it interesting. The train that goes 140 kmh leaves the station each day at noon. The train that goes 80 kmh leaves the station each day at 6:00 am.

PuterTutor said:
Make it interesting. The train that goes 140 kmh leaves the station each day at noon. The train that goes 80 kmh leaves the station each day at 6:00 am.

and I next time one train will be faster over teh long run, but the other one wins in a sprint

ok, math question..when you smoke a joint, you have a roach left over, it takes 7 roaches to make a new joint

you have 49 roaches how many joints can you make?

paul_valaru said:
ok, math question..when you smoke a joint, you have a roach left over, it takes 7 roaches to make a new joint

you have 49 roaches how many joints can you make?
Depends, are you straight rerolling, or cleaning the roaches out and rerolling? Are you shredding up the paper to add the resin? These are important factors. Besides you're bound to get your clip out and smoke that big roach down to a nub while you're rolling the others, so I say 6.

PuterTutor said:
Depends, are you straight rerolling, or cleaning the roaches out and rerolling? Are you shredding up the paper to add the resin? These are important factors. Besides you're bound to get your clip out and smoke that big roach down to a nub while you're rolling the others, so I say 6.

8, you can roll 7 out of the 49, plus the roaches from 7 = 1 more joint

Back