McCan't or Nobama

GrandCaravanSE

Who all are you voting for, oh, me nobody, don't like either of them. i wish that we could have another FDR, god i loved his public works programs.

Looking at the economy you might need another one of his public works programs.
that is what i was thinking, he brought us out of the "Great Depression" i think we need another leader like him to bring our econmy back, maybe we can get some better roads, or people who will work on the roads and are not taking a nap.

So I don't suppose World War II and the War Effort had anything to do with the economic boom of the 1940s and 1950s.

So I don't suppose World War II and the War Effort had anything to do with the economic boom of the 1940s and 1950s.

Sure it did. Problem with that solution is that I'm not so sure very many of us at all will live through the next one.

Hey .. that's got me thinking .. does anyone have a favorite former President? Or at least one that comes close to being the ideal?

Who all are you voting for, oh, me nobody, don't like either of them. i wish that we could have another FDR, god i loved his public works programs.

The Grand Master of todays problems. I bet you liked LBJ's Great Society too. You're bound to love Obama.

Hey .. that's got me thinking .. does anyone have a favorite former President? Or at least one that comes close to being the ideal?

All former presidents have significant advantages over the present pretenders..... Most of them being dead.

Could you re-state your answer in a way that makes sense to someone other than yourself?

Could you re-state your answer in a way that makes sense to someone other than yourself?

Um, well I was joking about WWII, I know it happened, since it is my favorite war, and a lot of new technology came out of it that we still use to this day. I guess you don't get any of my jokes either, or my type of speech is too hard for you to comprehend. Well Herbert Hoover was the 31st president and came under a lot of heat for not helping with "The Great Depression", he was a blame for the Depression so much that the little towns that were set up by homeless people were called "Hooverville’s". The 32nd President Franklin D. Roosevelt, who in my mind is the greatest President ever, helped our country get out of "The Great Depression". He created great public works programs such as the TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority), and the FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation), which is still going today, and insures all of our savings accounts incase of another Depression. these Public Works programs and many other ideas from the great mind of FDR brought us out of "The Great Depression", so that is why I think FDR is my favorite President, i really hope you can comprehend my message. i also know that the war effort was a very big help for our economy for the 1940's and the 1950's.

Roosevelt......Theodore Roosevelt!! "walk softly and crarry a big stick". A man of integrity who valued the wilderness with out being a mentalenvrionist.

Back