Mean streak

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
If you can't give out chicken or beef, give out nothing.

Charity groups with far-right links serving pork soup to homeless people face a crackdown by French officials.

Protesters have accused the groups of deliberate discrimination against Jews and Muslims, who do not eat the meat.

Strasbourg officials have banned the hand-outs and police in Paris have closed soup kitchens in an effort to avert racial tension.

The charities have defended offering what they call traditional cuisine to French and European homeless people.
BBC

Gonz said:
If you can't give out chicken or beef, give out nothing.

BBC

That is retarded! Some religions don't eat beef! Who is the government to say they can't give away free food? If you're homeless and hungry and someone is giving you free food I don't think you have much ground to stand on to demand something different.

Well, I think there is and one thing I can tell you is that that old laws about what to eat were written by men. The church used to be the early controller of the masses and the church decided that in order to keep people healthy from tainted food they would put the stink on food that was most likely to cause sickness. For example, pork and shellfish.
We no longer need to be protected in that manner.

I'm not exactly a beacon of godliness but my view is if it ain't straight from the horses mouth it ain't the rules....What I mean is I believe in the 10 commandments and the things that came outta Jesus's mouth...but I'm also not really fond of organized religions period.

tonksy said:
Well, I think there is and one thing I can tell you is that that old laws about what to eat were written by men. The church used to be the early controller of the masses and the church decided that in order to keep people healthy from tainted food they would put the stink on food that was most likely to cause sickness. For example, pork and shellfish.
We no longer need to be protected in that manner.

Surely you jest. I've seen enough americans eating blood red hamburger to know the error of that.

Professur said:
Surely you jest. I've seen enough americans eating blood red hamburger to know the error of that.
The church never said anything about beef....beyond not mixing it with dairy.

The very rules of Islam and Judaism allow the bypassing of the food rules in dire situations. Its all smoke and mirrors by the gubbmint.

unclehobart said:
The very rules of Islam and Judaism allow the bypassing of the food rules in dire situations. Its all smoke and mirrors by the gubbmint.
Gasp... NO!!!! ;)

SouthernN'Proud said:
So thousands go hungry in an effort to appease dozens.

This is one of those things where my inherent cynicism leaves me more or less completely unsurprised.

So thousands go hungry in an effort to appease dozens.

Yes, and there was no fucking need for it. The Muslims and Jews dont have to eat pork or meat but why shouldnt the non Muslims or non Jews not be allowed to eat it? This is one of those situations where I say religion causes more problems than it solves. Believe what you want but leave others alone should be the motto

freako104 said:
This is one of those situations where I say religion causes more problems than it solves.

Religion has nothing to do with this. It's the state handing over sovereignty becuase they're scared of what might happen.

Protesters have accused the groups of deliberate discrimination against Jews and Muslims, who do not eat the meat.

Was what made me think religion had something to do with it

Back