Medium

greenfreak

New show on NBC with Patricia Arquette, premiers tonight at 10pm. I was hoping to catch the first show but I'm usually in bed at 10 and I've been sick so I was going to go to bed on time tonight... I'm debating staying up for the hour and a half first show...

Anyway, here's the synopsis:

PATRICIA ARQUETTE STARS IN CHILLING NEW SERIES INSPIRED BY A REAL STORY -- In this haunting drama series from executive producer Glenn Gordon Caron ("Moonlighting") inspired by real life research medium Allison DuBois, Patricia Arquette ("Stigmata," "Flirting with Disaster") stars as a strong-willed mother of three who has struggled since childhood to make sense of her visions of dead people. Hoping to prove to Allison that her dreams are stress induced, her scientist husband, Joe (Jake Weber, "U-571"), sends descriptions of Allison's visions to a number of law enforcement agencies, expecting nothing to come of it. To his surprise, one of Allison's dreams bears an eerie similarity to a Texas homicide case involving a 17-year-old murder suspect. The case pits Allison against Capt. Kenneth Push (guest star Arliss Howard), a cynical Texas Ranger who is suspicious of her psychic abilities. By the end of the investigation, Capt. Push has a new respect for Allison - and she makes a life-altering decision of her own. Miguel Sandoval stars as series regular D.A. Devalos. Sofia Vassilieva and Maria Lark also star as the DuBois children.

Because Rusty has yet to figure out why we can't watch videotapes anymore. Ever since the blackout, when we had to buy a new tv, we haven't been able to use the VCR.

Rats, that sucks. :(

I'd DVR it for you, but you'd never see it. If only I can figure out a way to transfer that to videotape...

That's the one new show I was interested in this season. Well, that and Point Pleasant I think it's called...both look interesting. Missed the premier of Medium though, so I likely won't watch it now.

I'd love to get it Steve! You could upload it to my site probably, right? How big are we talking about? Actually I have a friend who has an FTP server... hmm. Want to email me if she did record it and we'll figure it out?

I went to sleep at 10 like a good girl, getting over the flu. I feel better today, better than I have in quite a few days actually. :)

A 1 Hr show is gonna be around 650MB depending on Compression used.I'm not familair with DVRs ,but I'm basing that on a 700MB CDR which holds 80minutes of video/music.

349.27 MB

:devious:

If HL's wifey doesn't have it, give me a PM with the ftp addy gf.

Sorry, my Tivo doesn't talk to my computer. What I can do is dump it to VHS and mail you the tape. If that interrests you, PM me the addy.

And make Rusty fix the damned VCR issue. :p

Anybody still watching it? I've caught it every week trying to get into it. I like the stories, and I like the DA, and the husband, but her, I don't like her. I can't tell if it's the actress or the character. Maybe it's a bit of both.

Hopefully it grows on me, I like the idea of the show.

I watched the episode about her daughter trying to make friends at school. On that episode, I pronounced the show lame and corny beyond belief and vowed to never again waste an hour of my life on it.

I too wonder if I dislike the actress or her role more. The husband looks like Gilligan to me, which detracts from the show quite a bit. Her kids are brats to boot. Overall, just not worth my time. I'll stick to Law and Order re-runs.

SouthernN'Proud said:
I watched the episode about her daughter trying to make friends at school. On that episode, I pronounced the show lame and corny beyond belief and vowed to never again waste an hour of my life on it.

I too wonder if I dislike the actress or her role more. The husband looks like Gilligan to me, which detracts from the show quite a bit. Her kids are brats to boot. Overall, just not worth my time. I'll stick to Law and Order re-runs.

It's the actress and the insipid writing. I couldn't sit through the first commercial break. I wound up watching Comedy Central. :(

Ditto. We said the same thing, you just don't care about her. She's not that likeable and when they try to make you feel sympathy when she's torn with embracing or denying her "gift", you just don't give a shit.

None of the characters are likeable. I missed the first one and caught the second and third. Stopped watching after that.

It's like Carnivale on HBO. I *wanted* to like it but just couldn't deny that I don't. Too bad too, they could have done a good job with the show.

So the TV quit working after the blackout, so you bought a new one. The VCR also stopped working... so wouldn't logic state that you need to buy a new one of those, too?

Back