Mexican border crossing

spike

Went to Tijuana last week and noticed little had changed as far as border security since I had been there since I had been there 10 years ago.

Last time I just got waived by carrying 2 large shopping bags and a backpack. One bag contained 2 more bottle of liquor than I was allowed to bring in without paying duty.

This time we were asked "Are you guys American citizens?". I said "Yes" and was waived by carrying 1 large shopping bag and a backpack. They did have me put my bags on a X-ray conveyer belt this time.

No ID needed, no metal detector, could smuggle a few kilos of something easily if you want.

Homeland Security....War on Terror.....hah! :laugh: As real as the tooth fairy. :grinno:

I'll post some TJ pics when the GF brings the laptop home from work.

Border security is a major problem. One that the President is failing to adequately address.

Homeland Security is just another useless cabinet position and an equally inept bureaucratic department. Another fine example of leadership by liberal ideology.

The War on Terror is quite real.

Don't try to act like Homeland Security's failings have anything to do with liberals.

The War on Terror is so real we can't even be bothered to check ID or use metal detectors at our countries borders. It's a failing marketing campaign designed to keep people scared in order justify massive expenditures and removal of liberties with little effort made to stop any terrorism.

And when Atlanta tries to emplace a law requiring Id and citizenship checks at voting booths, it's shot down.

Everyone with a personal agenda is responsable for it's failings.

The how-to of border security is no mystery. Isreal wrote the book already, and gave it to everyone. The problem is that anyone else who tries to impliment it gets screamed down because of privacy violations. That's neither Liberal or Conservative. That's American.

spike said:
Went to Tijuana last week and noticed little had changed as far as border security since I had been there since I had been there 10 years ago.

Last time I just got waived by carrying 2 large shopping bags and a backpack. One bag contained 2 more bottle of liquor than I was allowed to bring in without paying duty.

This time we were asked "Are you guys American citizens?". I said "Yes" and was waived by carrying 1 large shopping bag and a backpack. They did have me put my bags on a X-ray conveyer belt this time.

No ID needed, no metal detector, could smuggle a few kilos of something easily if you want.

Homeland Security....War on Terror.....hah! :laugh: As real as the tooth fairy. :grinno:

I'll post some TJ pics when the GF brings the laptop home from work.

I suppose that was from Mexico to the US, how was it when you entered Mexico? (far worse I assume).

Luis G said:
I suppose that was from Mexico to the US, how was it when you entered Mexico? (far worse I assume).

When I went to Mexico 10 years ago I had no problems entering or leaving. Of course, the military ID helped. :devious:

As for the liquor, I routinely bring more than I should when travelling abroad. I never get called on it, either, unless it's military customs. Those bastards confiscate alcohol every time...they have great parties, too.

Luis G said:

A couple revolving gates that prevented you from going back once you passed. I don't remember even seeing any security personel at the border although there might have been someone around that I missed.

There doesn't seem to be any concern at all about who enters mexico or what they carry in at the border. There were plenty of police patrolling the streets though.

spike said:
Don't try to act like Homeland Security's failings have anything to do with liberals.

A non-conservative Republican President decided to follow the liberal ideal & create a post & department to fix th eproblem. Like all liberal ideas, it failed.

Gonz said:
A non-conservative Republican President decided to follow the liberal ideal & create a post & department to fix th eproblem. Like all liberal ideas, it failed.

now your blaming liberals for republicans failures??

oh wait, that isn't new

Homeland security is Bush's idea, and his failure.

Gonz said:

It was a Republican idea which failed because it was all show with little care if it worked like all his other republican ideas.

paul_valaru said:
Homeland security is Bush's idea, and his failure.

Why yes, Paul, it was, as I pointed out. I also pointed out that GW used a tactic more often associated with the liberal wing of politics- making governmetn larger will solve the problem- is a liberal ideal. It always fails.

Gonz said:
Why yes, Paul, it was, as I pointed out. I also pointed out that GW used a tactic more often associated with the liberal wing of politics- making governmetn larger will solve the problem- is a liberal ideal. It always fails.

creating a semi facist arm of goverment is liberal, eroding set ideas of jurisdiction and civil rights?

sounds conservative to me.

*edit* and it is not making goverment larger, it is an amalgimation of 22 existing federal agencies.

paul_valaru said:
*edit* and it is not making goverment larger, it is an amalgimation of 22 existing federal agencies.

Under a new department that needs its own budget. It's new.

The new department brough in a collection of old. It wasn't a collection of old simply going under a new umbrella.

Gonz said:
The new department brough in a collection of old. It wasn't a collection of old simply going under a new umbrella.

it replaced old departments, it is a reorganizing of goverment, not a growth.

well maybe a growth, we should biopsy it.

Say, paul, you losing multi-tasking ability, or am I about to recieve deep revelations about the meaning of life from you?

paul_valaru said:
it replaced old departments,

No sir. It is a brand new department with new rules & responsibilities, one of which is the inclusion, under its umbrella, of already existing departments. The only change for them will be to whom they report.

Back