Mike Wallace arrested in cold dinner saga

chcr

Too cute for words
Newsman got upset with taxi inspectors who were delaying him
Updated: 6:08 p.m. ET Aug. 11, 2004NEW YORK - CBS newsman Mike Wallace was arrested late Tuesday after a squabble with city taxi inspectors who were checking his driver’s paperwork while the “60 Minutes” correspondent’s dinner was getting cold.

Wallace, 86, was handcuffed, and processed at a police station where he was given a desk appearance ticket for disorderly conduct and told to appear before a judge at Manhattan Criminal Court Oct. 7.

The brouhaha began after Wallace picked up his dinner of meatloaf and mashed potatoes at a restaurant, and found that two officers with the Taxi and Limousine Commission (TLC) were questioning his driver because the car was double-parked. After a wait, Wallace got out to see if he could speed things up.

TLC spokesman Allan Fromberg told reporters that Wallace “was observed to be overly assertive. He was disrespectful to the inspectors. He was asked to step away three times. He did not comply...and seemingly lunged” at one of the inspectors.
Full Story

1. I'm sure he (Wallace) was a total ass, but was the taxi inspector simply too stupid to realize what a shit-storm this would be?

2. Shall we speculate on the relative size of the taxi cop's "equipment?" I think he's compensating. :rofl:

HomeLAN said:
When I'm 86, I merely hope to be doing shit that could get me arrested.

I hope to be too powerful to arrest. He's just a neolib journalist. Wait he was around when Jesus Christ had his moment of doubt & pain. He may be one of the originals.

Back