Milestones...

HomeLAN

Just got back in from Ted's first time fishing.

Nothing worth keeping, but he did fight a brim in from about 20 feet off the dock. Got awafully wet, though. Won't stop raining.

HomeLAN said:
Just got back in from Ted's first time fishing.

Nothing worth keeping, but he did fight a brim in from about 20 feet off the dock. Got awafully wet, though. Won't stop raining.

Tell him I said "Congratulations"...like he's going to know who I am. :D

What type of Bream...Bluegill?

Yup. Thing couldn't have been more than 0.5 pounds, but he fought with it like The Old Man and The Sea. Of course, he isn't even three quite yet.

I'll pass on your regards. :D

HomeLAN said:
Yup. Thing couldn't have been more than 0.5 pounds, but he fought with it like The Old Man and The Sea. Of course, he isn't even three quite yet.

I'll pass on your regards. :D

Now you have to teach him to clean his fish... :grinyes:

Tell him I said "congratulations" too. Also, tell him a good bait to catch catfish with, at least in a salt-water river in Florida, is uncooked bacon.

All of what we caught was too small to keep, Gato, but that lesson is coming.

The weather broke and we went back down. He hooked and landed this one himself.

HomeLAN said:

Isn't that the coolest thing? :headbang:

HomeLAN said:

:beardbng:awsome.. i always love takin my kids fishing

here is one my daughter caught a few years ago on one of our outings

That is so sweet! I still remember the first time I took my baby swimming. I even made a scrapbook page with the pictures we took.

Still nice size...and that ain't never gonna happen here. She'll cook it, but she won't clean it.

Tell him I want all the details. What kind of lure, what the water was like, everything.

Hey DJ, I saw a fishing show last weekend, fish'n'canada, I think. 40 pound carp in your neck of the woods. WTF. You keeping secrets? Aparently, they're all round the TO area.

Well, Ted said to tell ya 2 words, second one being "off", so I'll fill you in.

My Mom has a 1 acre pond on her property, stocked with bluegill and large mouth bass. He was using a cheap kid's rod with a small bobber and a smallish hook set about 14 inches below the bobber. Baited with balls of bread, since that was what we had.

I'm sure he hooked it by pure chance, but hook it he did. By the time I walked all the way back to the dock, he'd reeled it in. He had to wait for me to unhook it, sonce Momma won't mess with that.

Yep. You could see the bigger ones (1.5-2 pound bluegill) but they weren't biting.

Don't know where the bass were, only ones I saw were about 9-10 inches long - too small. Usually, they show up about mid-June. Should have several in the 2-4 pound range this year. She stocked it about 3-4 years back.

Professur said:
Tell him I want all the details. What kind of lure, what the water was like, everything.

Hey DJ, I saw a fishing show last weekend, fish'n'canada, I think. 40 pound carp in your neck of the woods. WTF. You keeping secrets? Aparently, they're all round the TO area.

I dont fish carp that much but i did catch a 12lb'er on a fly once

I'll see if i can find my photo album of some of my fish

Back