Missed opportunity

fi

I'm sorry but I just had to post this.

[From today's Irish Times]

Man buys 20p suitcase stuffed with cocaine
Last updated: 17-08-02, 16:39

A Canadian man who bought a suitcase for 20p found it stuffed with crack cocaine and cocaine powder worth £117,000.

The man bought the case at an auction in Calgary.

The unnamed man didn't realise at first what the 3.7kg of crack cocaine and 1kg of cocaine powder were.

Sergeant Roger Chaffin told the Edmonton Sun: "He thought it was soap and even tried to dissolve it in water - he had no idea."

Police are now trying to trace the history of the case and its contents.

Sgt Chaffin said whoever was carrying the case probably had to dump it when a risk arose. He said the person probably had "some explaining to do."

PA

Sounds like an 'uplifting' bath to me. Soak in that for an hour and feel your heart pound like a jackhammer from all of that cocaine osmosis.

That's sweet that he didn't know what it was. Geez, could you imagine? And how many people out there wouldn't say anything to anyone about it? :eek6:

I used to work for a company that sold cars/trucks/bikes to military personnel. We used to work on Saturdays every once and a while and my coworker told me one day that she had had one of her customers call her one Saturday because he was driving home from the dealership in his new truck and when he went to reach under the seat to adjust it, he found a big bag of cocaine. They found more in the back of the truck too.

He was a little shaken up and called us (why, I don't know...?) and she told him to stop where he was, get out and lock the truck, and to call the police. He was there for hours while they did an investigation. We never found out if it was just someone at the dealership (gives new meaning to the name, doesn't it?) or something bigger involving the trucking companies and the factories.

Back