Mo Faster Speed......

Kruz

this is an e-mail I got yesterday from Comcast. not very often you get something for nothing :D

To: Comcast High-Speed Internet Customer
RE: Important News About Your Internet Service
We are pleased to inform you that Comcast plans to offer an Internet product with higher download speeds than the current 1.5 Megabits service to which you now subscribe.

In preparation for this higher speed product we will begin running tests in our Atlanta market. Doing so will help us evaluate network capacity so we can continue to offer the highest possible download speeds for all users.

During this test, your Comcast High-Speed Internet download speed will increase up to 3 Megabits per second, about twice as fast as your current download speeds. Please understand that every user will not experience higher speeds at all times during this test.

You will receive the upgrade automatically and at no additional cost over your current monthly service rate. You do not need to download any software or make changes to your computer to take advantage of this increased speed.

Please provide any comments and your user experiences to [email protected] during this test.

We hope that you continue to enjoy your Comcast High-Speed Internet service.

I checked at broadbandreports.com and got this score...

must be nice.....Cox has been down nightly for me for the past week. Only from about 5pm on to 2am or so. They want to send a tech out to check the modem, but can only schedule morning appointments. I'm usually at work or class then. Even if I were to take off work/school, I'm faced with a $50 fee if they don't find anything wrong (and the thing works fine during the day). So I'm fudged.

I'll probably try a new modem and see if that helps.

Back