more than one job?

kuulani

Anybody else pulling off 40+ hours so they can pay bills, loans, etc?

I just took on a second full-time job (the contract is only for a year), so I figure I may as well do it now, while I'm relatively young and put a lot into savings and retirement.

Luckily, I can put in some of those hours at home and still be able to be with my kids - even though sometimes the tv has to be their babysitter while mommy is on the computer *sigh*

40+ hours? Isn't 40 hours just a "normal work week"? I usually end up working 50 or so hours a week.

This one job will do just fine, thanks.

45 hours a week, but that's on the paper. We usually have plenty of stuff to do that we get done on our own time. Anywhoo: 7 hours a day are to be spent at the workplace, when and where I want to spend the remaining two are my own choice, whether it's reading relevant literature sitting a café or working with stuff at my desk at work.

I don't think I know anyone, even with only one (full time) job, who works only forty hours. Well, I guess Dara does now but she does it in three days then she teaches college one day a week. I work 40-45 myself but then I play out a night or two each week, for free more often than not. For years I worked 50+ at a day job and played in bars 5 and 6 nights a week. I was a lot thinner and crankier (believe it or not) then. It's amazing how little I have to show for all of that.

My job really varies with hours. It's almost football season, though, meaning I won't have to go intot he office on Fridays in order to save hours. I do still have football to cover, though, so I have about six or seven Friday hours, plus overtime hours spent on volleyball and water polo days.

40+ hours at one job
17+ hours at another
umpteen hours on the jobs that Ku'u's mother-in-law gives me LOL

guess i'm a slacker. i only do my 36 hours a week.
rarely take OT, maybe 10 hours a month at the most.

guess i'm a slacker. i only do my 36 hours a week.
rarely take OT, maybe 10 hours a month at the most.

50 hours+ here...The plus comes into play when they tack on extra 'training' missions, then it can be up to 60.

It's been years since I've pulled of the two job thing.
One time I had two full time jobs. From 9am-5pm I worked at a retail store then from midnight to 7am I worked at the bank of Nova Scotia sorting cheques. Nice part was both jobs were only a 5 minute walk from home. I did that for 3 months. I had no life but did have a shit load of money.

I used to have two part-time jobs... my favorite was the day I had to do 6-10 a.m. at Home Depot, 11-5 at the pizza place and 6-10 p.m. at Home Depot.

Back