Moss traded to Oakland

rrfield

http://vikings.scout.com/2/354511.html

I'm a huge Vikings fan. This sucks. We traded THE BEST WR in the NFL for a draft pick which may or may not work out, a slightly above average MLB and a late draft pick that will end up on the practive squad.

My only hope is that either Reggie Fowler steps in and nixes the trade or this is just Moss telling his agent to f*uck with the media. That was my immediate response, but if that were true the Vikes and Raiders would both be denying the reports.

This pisses me off.

He still got out-wrestled by Charles Tillman. :p As a rival Bears fan, I say good riddance, although I personally loved his mooning of the Packer fans, no fans deserve it more (that reminds me, I gotta moon my brother again tonight for the same reason :D ). The Vikings did need a big upgrade on defense, but at what cost, that's to be determined.

Dumb trade for the raiders. Moss is still a good player, but the Raiders need to get younger.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Moss is a perfect fit for the Thugs...I mean Raiders. Now Warren Sapp will have someone around that can out-talk him.

Moss rarely talks. No one seems to notice that after each TD he scores at home he gives the ball to disabled children for whom he arranges on-field seats.

This whole thing doesn't make sense. The Raiders are well over the cap (11 or 12m?) and they have to be under by March 2nd. They franchised Charles Woodson, meaning they owe him 10m, and he wasn't included in the deal, which was part of the original speculation. They just signed Joey Porter to a big contract and he wasn't included in the trade either. No Phillip Buchannon either, a guy who wanted out of Oakland.

The morning after: I'm still pissed off. Do I support a team that doesn't appear to be commited to winning? Every year I attend 3 Vikings games, one in Minnesota, one in Chicago, one elsewhere (Cincinnati in 2005). Odds are I will go to 2 of the 3 this year, the road games. Maybe I'll be wearing a silver and black #84 jersey to those games.

I could ramble on and on about what this could mean for the Vikings.

rrfield said:
Moss rarely talks. No one seems to notice that after each TD he scores at home he gives the ball to disabled children for whom he arranges on-field seats.

Wonderful. And some of us remember his days at Marshall as well.

I'm truly sorry for the impact it will have on your team. I feel your pain...last season my Bucs lost sanity. Now we have Akili Smith...the answer to no one's prayers. But Moss is a bum in my book no matter how many balls he catches or who he gives them to.

Back