Movie night

Professur

Took the missus and V2.0 to a double feature on sunday. Harry Potter and Hoodwinked.

The potter was lame. Lame lame. I spent half the time wondering if I'd walked into a broadway musical, and the other trying to reconcile the missing bits from the book. Stands to reason when you're on your third director that things wouldn't line up from one movie to the next, but for Christ's sake woman, get some creative control back. The special effects might have been well done, but who could tell. There was hardly a scene long enough to quality for the name. But so long as she's getting rich off it, right?

Hoodwinked started off ...... slow. And I doubt many people got the Poirot jokes that laced the movie. Sped up nicely towards the end, but a little pepper at the begining would have helped. Used the old Shrek-style rip-off-every-famous-movie-line-you-can technique. Maybe overused it. But the kids liked it.

Professur said:
But the kids liked it.
Which explains the very reason there are no creative controls. Parents are forced to take the kids and buy a ticket. Making a shitty movie that kids loves costs 60 mil and nets 300mil. Making a decent movie that kids love costs 100mil and nets 350mil. Theres no reason for them to do anything decent.

Professur said:
Took the missus and V2.0 to a double feature on sunday. Harry Potter and Hoodwinked.

The potter was lame. Lame lame. I spent half the time wondering if I'd walked into a broadway musical, and the other trying to reconcile the missing bits from the book. Stands to reason when you're on your third director that things wouldn't line up from one movie to the next, but for Christ's sake woman, get some creative control back. The special effects might have been well done, but who could tell. There was hardly a scene long enough to quality for the name. But so long as she's getting rich off it, right?

Hoodwinked started off ...... slow. And I doubt many people got the Poirot jokes that laced the movie. Sped up nicely towards the end, but a little pepper at the begining would have helped. Used the old Shrek-style rip-off-every-famous-movie-line-you-can technique. Maybe overused it. But the kids liked it.

I've seen 'em all with my kid & this one is, by far, the weakest.

The acting by everyone under 18 is so wooden. When done side by side with the army of top actor adults... it makes it downright sad.

This weekend's fiasco .... Underworld: Evolution. One word: Sequel.

Don't bother. You won't like it. Even the gratuitous nudity isn't enough to make up for a single thread, blindingly obvious plotline.

Professur said:
This weekend's fiasco .... Underworld: Evolution. One word: Sequel.

Don't bother. You won't like it. Even the gratuitous nudity isn't enough to make up for a single thread, blindingly obvious plotline.
I liked the first Underworld...

Back