Movies for the night...

HeXp£Øi±

Reservoir Dogs
&
OGRE Starring John Malkovich
This looks like it might be a decent movie and i've never even heard of it til now.
141248.jpg

Let us know how it turns out. I generally like JM, but he's done some stupid s**t too. (His portrayal of the dauphin in "The Messenger" pretty much sucked). But other stuff like "Being John Malkovich" was pretty OK.

Hey Ards, we're doing it again... talking on OTC when we're just 5 feet from each other. Kinda scary, ain't it?

Hey don't leave me all alone in the thread.:( :D
I like Malkovich as well. He is a freak but a great actor as well. Empire of the Sun is probably the greatest movie of all time.

HeXp£Øi± said:
Empire of the Sun is probably my favorite movie of all time.

I'm not crazy about the movie overall, but it has good moments. I like that song the kid sings, and the scene with the kamikaze pilot preparing to go off to die...

Good music as well.
The guy that the story was about actually appeared in the movie during the beginning at the costume party.

You know, I didn't realize that was supposed to be a true story.

Speilberg is good. But he's done a number of movies that are so strong (for lack of a better word) that I can't watch them more than once. And I generally like to repeat good movies often.

Janimal said:
Speilberg is good. But he's done a number of movies that are so strong (for lack of a better word) that I can't watch them more than once. And I generally like to repeat good movies often.

Schindler's List, A.I.... I haven't seen Saving Private Ryan even once yet, because I heard too many gruesome reports about the opening scenes. Great art and watchability don't always go hand-in-hand, unfortunately.

I also repeat my favs often. Drives Leah crazy. I watch Schindlers List about four times a year along with

Ghandi
Empire of the sun
Full metal Jacket
Lawrence of arabia

to name a few....
Schindlers List is hard for most people to watch but for some reason i see hope rather than dispair whenever i see it.

Schindler's List - it's not the dispair that keeps me from watching it, but the sheer emotional impact of the movie. It's one that lasts a really long time.

HeXp£Øi± said:
Ghandi
Empire of the sun
Full metal Jacket
Lawrence of arabia

Of those, we only have Lawrence of Arabia. We probably watch it once or twice a year. I was about to say that long epics like that are hard to watch, but then I remembered that Jan watches the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice about six times a year (at least), and it's six hours long. I guess it's not length... it's more the concentration it takes to get anything out of them. Spartacus is one of my favorite movies, but it's not something I want playing in the background while I'm doing something else. If it's on, I want to be able to sit down in front of it and really watch it. LoA is like that too.

Back