mp3 remote control

Mirlyn

I'd like to be able to change songs from across the room. Is there a remote control out that will do this, no matter the software? In other words, I want it to work with Winamp, WMP, whatever I'm using at the time (I don't want to use propietary playing software).

Any recommendations? :)

Pretty much any remote can do it if you use Girder. Takes a bit of setting up though.

The ATi Remote Wonder is pretty good if you want something that works straight away with most apps (just using the default M$ start, stop, fwd, rwd... commands). It works through thin walls as well, which can be quite useful.

MuFu said:
Pretty much any remote can do it if you use Girder. Takes a bit of setting up though.

The ATi Remote Wonder is pretty good if you want something that works straight away with most apps (just using the default M$ start, stop, fwd, rwd... commands). It works through thin walls as well, which can be quite useful.

Sweetness....I'll check 'em out. Thanks! :headbang:

MuFu said:

I've been looking around and I'm seriously considering the AIW Radeon 9700 Pro.....I'm assuming the remote included in these are the same thing as that Remote Wonder you mentioned, true? :)

Here's how geeky I am. I built a PVR, and I use an infrared Keyboard with a built in trackball as a remote. A bit bulky, I'll admit, but I can do a lot of shit with it. I'm networked to the rest of the house (802.11b) so I can get mp3s from anywhere or internet radio. : poindexter:

Get an ATI Remote Wonder. I have one and it works great. You can change TV channels, video inputs/outputs, and control all the media players, Power Point, etc. The remote is RF and works through walls. In fact, It will go through two floors and a few walls. You can have your computer in the basement and your TV / Hifi connected to it in your living room several tens of feet away and still use your remote to change songs and stuff. It is a great buy.

Back