Mr. and Mrs. Smith

greenfreak

Probably the most entertaining action movie I've seen in a long time.

It has it's cheesy moments, but all in all, I was glad we spent the money to go on opening night. Brad was pretty funny in it too. Angelina seems too dark and serious to pull off some of the humor. For the guys, there were quite a few gratuitous shots of her to keep you happy.

I'm a big fan of the humor/action movies but haven't seen many that pull it off. This one does. There was one action scene though that has become so cheesy, I groan every time I see it. Remember in the third Matrix movie when they go into the nightclub and the three of them stand back to back to back, with their guns drawn, circling the around? They had a little scene like that in this movie and it could have been good, but wasn't.

And I'm really surprised they pulled off the PG-13 rating with this. I guess the more violence becomes acceptable, the more you can get away with. Not a lot of cursing, not a lot of sex/nudity, but a lot of guns, explosions, car wrecks, etc.

Saw it last week, i found it enjoyable, i laughed, I liked the ka-booms

:D

then i went home and watched fight club, and realized that brad could do much better than mr. and mrs.

Yeah Fight Club isn't in the same league. It's a totally different audience too though. Although there was a Fight Club reference in Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Did you happen to catch it?

catocom said:
watched this last night...
Thought it was Killer. :D

Funny, so did I, albeit while I was packing to go home today. But I thought it definitely had its good and bad moments... loved the house fight scene, but felt the result was just a bit to predictable...

Oh well... all in all pretty enjoyable. Made some comments on Angelina that I had wish I had bit my toungue on though... g/f was a little miffed by the end, but c'mon, it's Angelina!

It looks like a Jolie/Pitt vehicle to show how beautiful they are while minimizing their acting inablilitites.

Gonz said:
It looks like a Jolie/Pitt vehicle to show how beautiful they are while minimizing their acting inablilitites.
Some actors politics ruin their movies for me these days, but this one slid by OK for me. :)

Back