Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom Presents...

Ardsgaine

So we're in the living room, with the kids in bed... sorta. Anna gets to spend a little time playing in her room after getting ready for bed before turning out her light and going to sleep. She's supposed to stay in her room, though, and not come out upon pain of losing television the next day. She goes through these occasional phases where she feels the uncontrollable urge to come out and make sure we're still here. She usually has some pretext for the excursion that's as imaginative as it is transparent, but she still ends up losing television for it. Tonight, she came out and said, "there's a snake in the tree outside my window." I grimmaced, and Jan rolled her eyes. Still, we followed her back to her room to see. I was thinking maybe it was a vine or something that looked like a snake.... Nope. It was a snake. A little oak snake about 14" long, snaking along through the branches of the bushes outside her window. :eh:

Does anyone know if snakes eat spiders?

Gonz said:
rats, mice, irritating neighbor children

He'll have to get a lot bigger to swallow the latter. We had a rattlesnake in the neighborhood for awhile that could've take out the whole lot. It got run over out on the dirt road a few times and managed to survive. Finally my neighbor shot it. He said it measured two inches shy of six feet. Big ass snake.

You ever think about moving away from your current location? Spiders the size of small cats, and now snakes too? Got any gators close by?

PuterTutor said:
You ever think about moving away from your current location? Spiders the size of small cats, and now snakes too? Got any gators close by?

You've heard of Wakulla Springs? The place where they filmed Creature From the Black Lagoon? We're about five minutes away. The alligators are ass deep there. :eh:

Back